04-23-2012 03:00 PM
I have recently installed a Photosmart HP6510 on to my wireless network but the computer keeps losing the connection to the pinter and this seems to affect my Internet browser - shutting down and restarting usually works, but problem is very annoying - can anyone help?
This question was solved. View Solution.
04-23-2012 04:01 PM
Let's set a static IP address for the printer:
- Print a Network Config Page from the front of the printer. Note the printer's IP address.
- Type that IP address into a browser to reveal the printer's internal settings.
- Choose the Networking tab, then Wireless along the left side, then the IPv4 tab.
- On this screen you want to set a Manual IP. You need to set an IP address outside the range that the router automatically sets (called the DHCP range). If you do not know the range, change the last set of numbers (those after the last '.') to 250
- Use 255.255.255.0 for the subnet (unless you know it is different, if so, use that)
- Enter your router's IP (on the Network Config Page) for the gateway.
- Enter 188.8.131.52 for the first DNS and 184.108.40.206 for the second DNS.
- Click 'Apply'.
Now, shut down the router and printer, start the router, wait, then start the printer.
After this you may need to redo 'Add a Printer' using the new IP address.
Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
I am employed by HP
05-04-2012 06:04 PM