Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 5740
OS X

I'm having difficulty setting up my new HP Officejet 5740 on my network.  I have followed onscreen instructions for the Wireless Setup Wizard on the printer's control panel and instructions on this website.  I've been careful to include my network name and password.  My router is a CenturyLink Model C1000A (SSID CenturyLink2154, Security Type WPA2-AES).  The diagnostic printout says PASS on everything, but FAIL on "Settings/No Filtering".  I have the software installed on my Macbook Pro and it lists the 5740 printer, but gives a message of "the printer is not connected."

Thanks for any help!

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Machappy,

Welcome to HP Community !

Thank you for taking the time to post in your inquiry. I can see that you are having issues in installing the HP Officejet 5740.

Clarifications

1. MAC OS X 10. OS that you are currently running

2. Is this a new setup? was there an old HP printer that was installed on you MAC computer?

3. Please provided me the steps that you have done to install the HP Officejet 5740?

Please also refer to this article link.

Thank you

Best Regards

Errol Flynn Andino Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
HP Recommended

1.  I'm running Mac OSX Yosemite, Version 10.10.1

2.  This is a new setup.  There was previously a Brother printer installed on my Macbook Pro, but no HP printers.

3.  I'm using the printer touch screen.  I turned Wireless "On".   Initially I followed the Wireless Quick Start Guide printed out on the printer.  i.e. Using the Wireless Setup Wizard, I selected my wireless network name that was displayed and entered my network password.  The message "Trying to connect to the network" is displayed; then this last time I received the message "Authentication Problem:  Incorrect wireless password (WPA) entered".  I have verified this password is correct.l

I also tried the WiFi Protected setup from the printer screen, pushing the WPS button on the router for at least 3 seconds.  I receive the message ""WPS timed out".

I haven't used the other option offered on the printer screen under Wi-Fi Protected Setup of PIN, where a PIN # is displayed and the instruction "Enter this PIN in your router's web-based configuration page, and then touch "Start".  I don't know how to get to the router's web-based configuation page.

HP Recommended

My printer keeps saying, "printer cannot connect to server." I have tried everything and nothing seems to work.

HP Recommended

I have the same exact problem, except my OS is Lion

HP Recommended

I want to connect my printer HP Officejet 5740 to the wireless net work.  Please explain

HP Recommended

Hello Please explain or show how to connect my HP Officejet 5740 printer  to the wireless network

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.