Question

Honor Student
nrscroller
Message 1 of 2 (2,304 Views)

Connecting Hp 3052A to wireless router

HI

I just got a notice from someone here that because the printer is usb connected to the desktop, the laptop won't printer if the desktop is shut down and I should connect it to my wireless router. I have a netgear wndr 3400 n600 router. How do I connect the printer to that and what is the setup procedure for each computer so I can use it anytime with either one.

Thanks

Bill

Grad Student
TreeFrog
Message 2 of 2 (2,286 Views)

Re: Connecting Hp 3052A to wireless router

It is always best to make sure the routers firmware is up to date.

There are two things you need to do.

1. Get the printer talking to the router.

2. Get the computers talking to the printer via the router.

I think the quickest way to get the printer talking to the router will be to use WPS (Wireless Protected Setup).

To do this press and hold the wireless button on the printer until the WPS screen comes up on the printer.  Then follow the instructions shown.  The netgear wndr 3400  has WPS capability - to start WPS on the router press the lighted blue button on the side of the router.  It is the big blue button.

After the WPS finished you can use the CD SW that came with the printer to get the computers to connect to the printer via the router.

If WPS fails we will try another way to get the printer connected to your router.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Sometimes it takes several posts back and forth to get to a solution - please be patient.
I am employed by HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation