Question

Top Student
Xanthous
Message 1 of 5 (6,016 Views)

Connecting Hp C4795 to wireless network?

I connected this printer to my first wireless network without trouble, then I switched routers. How do I connect it to my new wireless network? The cd is already installed on my laptop.

Thanks, J.

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 2 of 5 (5,960 Views)

Re: Connecting Hp C4795 to wireless network?

Start by resetting the printer.  On the front of the printer: Setup [Scan] > Network > Reset Network Defaults

Now go to your Start > Control Panel > Printers and delete the old printer.

If your new router has WPS, the best way to go is to start WPS in the same Network menu on the front of the printer then, within 2 minutes, press the WPS button on your new router.

If it dos not have WPS (or you are using WEP - which you should not), then on your PC go to Start > All Programs > Hewlett-Packard > Add Device.  Add a Network device.

I am employed by HP
Honor Student
Stoneman
Message 3 of 5 (3,046 Views)

A much easier way is to set up the new router using the same network name and password you used for the old router. Then you won't have to mess with the printer or any of the other devices that were using the old network.
Provost
PrintDoc
Message 4 of 5 (3,040 Views)

That is very true and I agree.  However, many people are not comfortable getting into router settings.

OP, if you are, please follow Stoneman's suggestion.  Remember that not only the network name and password have to be the same (exactly) but the password type also has to be exactly the same (WEP, WPA, WPA2, WPA/WPA2).

I am employed by HP
Honor Student
Stoneman
Message 5 of 5 (3,020 Views)

Thanks for the additional input.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation