Question

Honor Student
Leeb4ker
Message 1 of 5 (6,963 Views)

Connecting my 3070a printer to my network

Hi, Today I bought a 3070a printer so I could print from my iPad and my android phone,I specified that that was what it was for and I no longer have a laptop so the sales girl recommended this model. The problem I have is I can't connect to my network because without a laptop I can't run the main installation cd is there a way around this? Thanks Lee
Provost
erico
Message 2 of 5 (6,962 Views)

Re: Connecting my 3070a printer to my network

[ Edited ]

Set up the printer via the menu panel in network. Select network and wireless and then set the encryption to WPA2 for security.

You can print from your iPad via Apple's AirPrint. Here is some documentation on the subject.

There is a free HP ePrint Home & Biz app available in Google Play Store that will let you print your photos and documents to your ePrint enabled HP printer frome anywhere in the world.

****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
Leeb4ker
Message 3 of 5 (6,955 Views)

Thanks but doesn't let me get any further than giving me 2 options one being press and hold the wps key on the router which I tried a few times,the other gives me a pin to enter into my router (bthomehub 3) which I have no idea where to enter it.
Provost
erico
Message 4 of 5 (6,952 Views)

[ Edited ]

You are going to need to use a PC or desktop to connect the printer to a network. Doing the setup with an iPad is going to be very difficult for a novice or beginning PC user. What you need to do is set up an adhoc connection between your printer and iPad.

Do you know how to use the wireless scan function in your iPad configuration screen or where to turn off and turn on wireless?

You probably don't have access to the router's web graphical user interface if it is supplied by your ISP

Had you considered asking a friend to come over with his/her laptop so you can setup the printer and connect it to your router wirelessly?

I don't know if your router is a wireles one because you haven't, at this point, stated whether it is or not. 

Here is the manual for your printer. You are going to have to do a bit of reading.

ctrlpnl1.png

ctrl2.png

ctrl3.png.  

****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Teacher
pctech33
Message 5 of 5 (6,939 Views)

Try to have the printer print its network settings out for you. There may be a button you hold down near the network port, or something in the printer's menu. That should be all the information you need to find it on the network.

If you need to reconfigure any of the printer's settings, use a web browser and go directly to the printer's IP address. Then setup your client computer.

Have you tried checking for any print driver updates?