Question

Honor Student
bmahoney37
Message 1 of 4 (6,533 Views)
Accepted Solution

Connecting my B209a-m to my wireless network

Everything was working fine, my internet went out, my modem was replaced, my router stopped working, I replaced it with a new one.  Now, I have my internet and all of the other devices are connecting except my printer.  I have tried everything and cannot seem to get the printer to communicate with the router.  I see that my pc is picking up a signal from the printer but I just cannot make the connection.  I am running Windows 7.

Please Help!

Provost
pcwizard
Message 2 of 4 (6,505 Views)

Re: Connecting my B209a-m to my wireless network

Hi bmahoney37,

If your new router supports WPS WiFi Protected Setup try the following steps to connect the printer to your network.

Connect to the wireless network using WiFi Protected Setup

Use one of the following methods to connect the product using WiFi Protected Setup (WPS).
NOTE:You must have a WPS-enabled router to connect the product using WPS.

showhide
Method one: Push Button
  1. On the Home screen of the product control panel, touch the right arrow ( ) to view more options.
  2. Touch Setup ( ).
  3. Touch Network .
  4. Touch Wi-Fi Protected Setup .
  5. Touch Push Button .
  6. Touch Start .
    NOTE:The product begins a timer for approximately two minutes to allow you time to press the corresponding button on the networking device.
  7. Press the corresponding button on the WPS-enabled router or other networking device.
I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Honor Student
bmahoney37
Message 3 of 4 (6,493 Views)

Thanks for the very helpful info, after doing what you said my printer seems to have connected with my router and should be working..... but it is not.  When I pull up the HP Solution Center, it tells me the printer is offline and it is now displaying a (Copy 1) next to my printer name.  Things should not be this complicated!  A little more help would be appreciated.

b.

Provost
pcwizard
Message 4 of 4 (6,489 Views)

Hi bmahoney37,

Uninstall the printer from the Add/Remove programs, and then reinstall the printer using the current version from the followin link. http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?product=3777182&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&jumpid=oc_r10...

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation