Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I had to reset my router, and in doing so it changed the SSID and I had to change the password.  My laptop is connected to the wireless router, but my HP Photosmart C4500 series printer does not recognize the change. How do I re-configure the printer with the new information.  I have tried all the wifi settings available on the printer with no luck? 

I ran the Wireless Network Test Report and it failed when trying to recognize the SSID

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Hi to both of you,

I recommend trying the HP Print and Scan Doctor. It is a quick and easy tool that diagnoses and resolves many printing, scanning, and connectivity problems. Click the link below for details on how to download and run the tool:

http://goo.gl/QsIAx
🙂 If I have helped in any way, just click the Kudos star on the left. Also, if your issue has been resolved, don't forget to select Accept as Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

I also have this problem after installing a new router. I have got as far as entering the wireless  D-Link page of my TalkTalk router, and it asks for the Pin of the Printer, which I dont know, and have not been able to find.

I am sorry if I have highjacked your question, but we have the same problem. If I should have started a new string, please let me know, as this is the first I have used a forum like this.

Thank you

Jan

HP Recommended
Hi to both of you,

I recommend trying the HP Print and Scan Doctor. It is a quick and easy tool that diagnoses and resolves many printing, scanning, and connectivity problems. Click the link below for details on how to download and run the tool:

http://goo.gl/QsIAx
🙂 If I have helped in any way, just click the Kudos star on the left. Also, if your issue has been resolved, don't forget to select Accept as Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply. I down loaded the HPPSdr, but it eventually refered me to the printer manual, it is good to have it all the same as it replaces the old HP help. I have connected the printer by doing what I should probably done firstly, I uninstalled the printer from the computor and followed the manual for the wireless set up. Working fine now.

Jan

HP Recommended

I had to reset my router, and in doing so it changed the SSID and I had to change the password.  My laptop is connected to the wireless router, but my HP Photosmart C4500 series printer does not recognize the change. How do I re-configure the printer with the new information.  I have tried all the wifi settings available on the printer with no luck? 

I ran the Wireless Network Test Report and it failed when trying to recognize the SSID

Thank you

HP Recommended

Hi - I have been unable to log this via the HP Uk website as the online system does not recognise the serial number on the printer or the printer model.... I hope you can help:

We have an HP laptop running on Windows 10.

We have BT wifi.

We have an HP C4580 all-in-one printer.

All worked ok and we were able to print from the laptop to the printer wireless. We had to upgrade the BT Wifi router recently and now we cannot find how to connect the printer to the new wifi router so we can connect the laptop to it.

We can print using a usb cable.

I cannot find anything online to explain how to re-connect to the new wifi network and the menu options on the printer itself do not help either. I've tried the Print Doctor thing and that didn't help either.

The main HP website does not refer to Windows 10 - only 7, 8, Vista and XP.

We know it will work with Windows 10 as it was all ok before we had to change the router.

My last resort is to uninstall the printer completely and reinstall it but I am worried that I may then lose the printer completely!

Please help!

HP Recommended

I now have the same problem. What do I do.? The CD does not work on Win 10. Is there a link to a procedure please ? Urgent ....

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.