Question

Student
ajoy
Message 1 of 2 (273 Views)

Connecting my computer to a wireless hp printer?

My printer is an HP Photosmart C7280, and it is currently using a wireless network so that my laptop can print.  My laptop is a mac, and my home computer is a dell pc that uses windows xp.  I can't figure out a way to connect my home computer to my printer because the printer has to be hooked up to the wireless router, so I don't have an extra hole to plug anything into the back of the printer.  My computer doesn't seem to recognize the wireless printer, but I'm not sure why.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 2 of 2 (237 Views)

Re: Connecting my computer to a wireless hp printer?

I am a bit unsure of your setup, but let me try a couple of things:

1. If your printer is connected to your router via wireless (or Ethernet), it does not matter how the computers are connected to the router; wired or wireless, they should be able to print.

2. If the PC cannot see the printer, download and run this utility: http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Nav?h_pagetype=s-926&h_lang=en&h_client=s-h-e17-1&h_keyword=dg-NDU&ju...

I am employed by HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation