Question

Student
beneficent
Message 1 of 3 (184 Views)

Connection issues with HP Photosmart B110a

Hi all,

I have connected my HP Photosmart B110a to my router and the test page appears to be fine.

I cannot seem to be able to connect any devices to it though.

I use to have it set up so my ipad, iphone and laptops could see it, but it does not appear.

Any ideas?

The router is new, although it is the same as the one that i previously had.

Thanks

PhD Student
Wixma
Message 2 of 3 (165 Views)

Re: Connection issues with HP Photosmart B110a

Hello beneficent.

If you have your printer connected to the wireless router, it won't be available to be connected to another devices directly. Only when these devices are connected to the same router as the printer.

Laptops connected to the same router would be able to detect the printer if the printer's driver is installed (Windows / Mac).

Cheers!!

Wixma.
I am an HP employee.
Say thanks by clicking the Kudos star in the post.
If my reply resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution so that it can be found easier by other people.
Student
gerri2651
Message 3 of 3 (155 Views)

Re: Connection issues with HP Photosmart B110a

I have my printer tied directly to the computer that did not allow me to print from my laptop or phone nor Ipad.   I also tried plugging directly to the router and that did not work either.  At this point  my laptop does find my printer on the network but the printer cannot print.  Any other suggestions?  If I leave it plugged directly into my Imac it will print just fine from there but I cannot use any other computer to be able to print....Please help what is it I am doing wrong?

Very Frustrated to say the least.  I just want to be able to print using other devises that is why I purchased that printer when I purchased my New IMac.:womanfrustrated:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation