HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
12-06-2010 06:40 PM
I have a Mac Book Pro with Snow leapord, a Qwest PK5000 wireless DSL router. When I reach the point on the install when I unplug the USB cable the wireless can't be found. When I print the wireless and net work reports there are no missing pieces of the puzzle.everything passes. Auth is WPA-PSK Encryp is AES/TKIP and good signal strength. The message reads:
The network configuration was successfully downloaded to the device. However to continue configuring the device in network, your Mac must have access to the device. So please make sure that your Mac has access to the Network. The Mac has access, I'm online now.
12-06-2010 07:14 PM
I solved the problem. I needed to add the new wireless printer in system preferences using the connection address found in the report. A little bit information not mentioned anywhere I looked.
12-06-2010 10:28 PM
Although it looks connected you may not be able to print and scan.
If not, do this: Sometimes DSL providers have more control over the router than the printer likes.
- Unplug the telephone line from the router
- Turn the power off on the router, wait 30 seconds, then turn the power back on.
- Go through the normal process of connecting the printer to the router (use the front panel Wireless Setup Wizard).
- Now find the IP address of the printer (it should be on the self-test printout), type it into a browser.
- On that screen you will find a Networking Tab, then on the left Wireless, then the IPv4 Tab.
- On this screen you want to set a Manual IP. You need to set an IP address outside the range that the router automatically sets (called the DHCP range). If you know what that is, set an IP outside that range but no higher than 254 (the last number in the address). If you do not know, use the current IP address.
- Use 255.255.255.0 for the subnet (unless you know it is different, if so, use that)
- Leave the gateway and DNS blank
- Finally, plug in the phone line, reboot the router and test.
Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos star in the post that helped you.
I am employed by HP