Question

Honor Student
NickyOne
Message 1 of 1 (4,946 Views)

DeskJet 970CXi - Windows 7 - Network Printer - Drivers solution

Hi all, i was looking for a solution to install my Deskjet 970CXi as a network printer, using Windows 7.

I didn't find anything directly concerned the network installation but only for local printer through USB port.

Many people are bored and tired about this issue.

So i decided to try by myself and using an idea taken from another thread ..... now it works really fine and it is recognized by the system as Deskjet 970CXi !!! 

Here's the solution I've found 

First part written by panther3001 

1)  in Windows 7, click the start menu

2)  in the search field type "run"

3) click on "Run"

4)  type "hdwwiz" and go to "OK" - note, you can type "hdwwiz" directly on search box, or add the command "run" in the start menu ( http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/What-happened-to-the-Run-command  )

5)  click "next," then click "install the hardware that I manually select from a list." click "next."

6)  click "printers" and "next"

7) select "use an existing port" and go to "USB001." click "next" (you don't have USB cause the printer is on the network) .. choose LPT1 instead

8) click "windows update".  This causes Windows Update to look for ALL printers that exist for Windows 7, and lo and behold, The driver for the 970cxi now shows up!!!

9)  select this driver and continue on.

second part discovered by myself

10) install the printer as local printer and then try to print the test page, you'll get error, don't worry and delete the print process.

11) close the window displaying the printers and other devices

11) click the  start menu

12) choose Devices & Printers

13) click on add printer

14) choose Network, wireless or Bluetooth

15) now Windows shows you 2 printers (one on the net and the other on your PC)

16) choose the printer connected through the printer server

17) from the drop list choose HP Deskjet 970CXi

18) DONE !!!

Following this procedure i performed the network installation of 3 Deskjet 970CXi, one is mine, the second one is my brother's printer (at his home) and the last one is in my office.

Please let me know if this works for  you also.

Nicola

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation