Question

Honor Student
Codeth
Message 1 of 7 (691 Views)

Deskjet 3050 J610 - Won't connet via WiFi or via USB

I'm not 100% this woud be the appropriate fourm, but here goes. My power went out for about 3 days and after that my printer just stopped working. I had to redo my entire wireless because even that got messed up. I made everything 100% the same, but now even after uninstalling and reinstalling the printer drives it won't connect to the computer. My computer says quote "Downloading drives" at the point I plug in the USB then it says quote "Driver download failed" if you troubleshoot it tries to download them again and fails.... I went online to HP and tried to download the drivers there and it redid them and still not working... I'm not sure what to do... Any suggestions?

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 2 of 7 (675 Views)

Re: Deskjet 3050 J610 - Won't connet via WiFi or via USB

What operating system?  What router?

I am employed by HP
Honor Student
Codeth
Message 3 of 7 (673 Views)

Router: Linksys WRT54G

and like I said... Everything worked until the power went out... and the printer wasn't surged cuz I made sure to unplug it

Honor Student
Codeth
Message 4 of 7 (670 Views)

HP Doctor says I have a driver conflict and that it has derterminded that I'm missing drivers, but how is that possible if I've used the CD and the Website for the driver information?

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 5 of 7 (666 Views)

I'd recommend uninstalling the HP software (use the uninstaller in the HP folder), then restarting your PC.

Finally, download and install the latest software for your printer from the "Support & Drivers" link at the top of this page.

I am employed by HP
Honor Student
Codeth
Message 6 of 7 (648 Views)

I have done this twice. Everytime I plug in the USB it says "Failed to Download Drivers", but when I use my mothers laptop it'll allow her to talk over the line. It will NOT let her laptop set up the printer on the network. Everytime I use the install CD or the software online I get to that part where it configs the printer and it will not talk.

I don't believe it's my computer because I can talk to other USB devices without any issues at all.

Is there a way to reset the printer or something that would prevent it from talking or even make it lock up?

Should I return it from where I bought it? I would prefer to fix it, but I do need this printer.

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 7 of 7 (637 Views)

Do any of these help?: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documentSubCategory?tmp_rule=52786&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&d...

I am employed by HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation