Question

Student
icestationzebra
Message 1 of 12 (11,163 Views)

Deskjet 3050 Wireless Setup problems

I used the setup disk that came with this wireless to setup the printer on my desktop computer running windows XP professional SP3. The installation went like a dream and all is well...I can print wireless no problems at all.

I then tried to connect my Acer netbook to print wireless and it has been a complete FAIL. I insert the setup disk and the process sounds like it's going to launch and then I get a fail message that says; ' Your internet security settings prevented one or more files from being opened'. I am running Windows 7 operating system (starter that came installed on the netbook). So I disable the firewall completely and change internet security settings to default and then set them at the lowest possible setting. Installation still FAILS.

Can anyone help me solve this setup problem with my wireless printer?

Thanks

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 2 of 12 (11,149 Views)

Re: Deskjet 3050 Wireless Setup problems

What security suite do you use (Norton, McAfee, etc.)?  That is what is likely in the way, not Windows security.

I am employed by HP
Honor Student
mr_thomas87
Message 3 of 12 (11,132 Views)

[ Edited ]

i too am having problems setting up the wireless on my hp 3050 j610a i just purchased a couple of days ago. however i am using a new intel based 27" iMac os x 10.6.7

my problem is every time i try to set up the wireless connection i receive this message:

"The network configuration was successfully downloaded to the device. However to continue configuring the device in network, your Mac must have access to the device. So please make sure that your Mac has access to the Network : "******" and retry."

now i can log in to my printer via its ip address and my router recognizes it.

on my router i can see my mac as well as the printer.

when i first start the wireless setup the program tells me that it has found that my computer is on so an so network would you like to use this network for your printer. i select yes and input my network password.

everything on my mac is up to date as of today.

any help would be awesome as i am stuck with this printer either way since target no longer does returns on any opened electronics...

i have a actiontek pk 5000 wireless modem with qwest dsl

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 4 of 12 (11,122 Views)

Sometimes Internet service providers have more control over the router than the printer likes.

- Unplug the Internet line that runs between the router and the wall
- Turn the power off on the router, wait 30 seconds, then turn the power back on.
- Go through the normal process of connecting the printer to the router.
- Now find the IP address of the printer (it should be on the self-test printout), type it into a browser.
- On that screen you will find a Networking Tab, then on the left Wireless, then the IPv4 Tab.
- On this screen you want to set a Manual IP. You need to set an IP address outside the range that the router automatically sets (called the DHCP range). If you know what that is, set an IP outside that range but no higher than 254 (the last number in the address). If you do not know, use the current IP address.
- Use 255.255.255.0 for the subnet (unless you know it is different, if so, use that)
- Enter your router's IP (on the self-test printout) for the gateway and first DNS.
- Leave the second one blank.
- Click 'Apply'.
- Finally, plug in the Internet line, reboot the router and test.

I am employed by HP
Honor Student
aliterror
Message 5 of 12 (6,045 Views)

What if same printer, we are trying to convert the USB connected printer into wireless but everytime we continue in the process, it will just say that unable to find the printer.

printer IP:192.168.1.3

printer default gateway:192.168.1.1

printer subnet:255.255.255.0

the printer wireless light indicator is steady lit up

-print wireless test, all past

-authentication mode is WPA2-PSK

computer IP:192.168.1.2

computer default gateway:192.168.1.1

computer subnet:255.255.255.0

-the computer is laptop, dell computer, windows 7 home premium 64bit

-tried to ping a website, reply from the website and 0%loss

-tried to ping the default gateway of the computer and its request timed out

-tried to ping the printer IP address and it said destination host unreachable

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 6 of 12 (6,025 Views)

Download and run this utility: http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Nav?h_pagetype=s-926&h_lang=en&h_client=s-h-e17-1&h_keyword=dg-NDU&ju...

What does it say?

I am employed by HP
Honor Student
aliterror
Message 7 of 12 (6,009 Views)

no network printer in the list even when click on "refresh list" button. How about the time that we tried to PING the router IP/computer default gateway and the result is request timed out but the computer is still connected to the internet and we also tried to ping yahoo.com and google.com its replying. I am thinking of the router's setup, is it possible that because of secured setup of the router, the HP printer installer cant find the printer in the network. What do you think

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 8 of 12 (5,987 Views)

Describe the parts of the router setup that you are concerned with.  Here are some typical router setup problems with HP printers:

1. Change the channel to 11.

2. Make sure to broadcast SSID.

3. Do not use MAC filtering.

4. Do not use WEP.

5. Make sure the router has the latest firmware and is freshly rebooted.

6. Set a static IP for the printer (outside the DHCP range).

If you need help with any of this just let me know the router model.

I am employed by HP
Student
Kyalamboka
Message 9 of 12 (3,702 Views)

need to install wireless DeskjetHP3050 printer. just moved. can't find install disk.

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 10 of 12 (3,697 Views)

Get the latest software for your printer from the "Support & Drivers" link at the top of this page.

I am employed by HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation