Question

Honor Student
DivorceCake
Message 1 of 9 (14,206 Views)

Deskjet 3050 Won't Print Wirelessly

Hi there,

My new all in one 3050 won't print for me. It is "Offline" in the network page. I feel I have explored every avenue and it will still not print. The wireless network configuration page I printed says everything passed. The home network disagnostic tool says "software missing" after i click test connection. The print diagnostic tool fails on connectivity everytime. I can connect to the printer ip 192.168.1.3 in the browser 95% of the time but not always. My router is a Zyxel P-660HW-T1 v3. I'm really close to tears with frustration, I'm quite computer and networking savvy but I cannot fix this. please help, I'd be eternally grateful.

Kind Regards,

Larry.

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 2 of 9 (14,193 Views)

Re: Deskjet 3050 Won't Print Wirelessly

The fact that the printer has an IP address tells me that it is properly connected to your router and that it is a software problem.

What operating system?  Did you load the software from the CD or are you using drivers built into the OS?

I am employed by HP
Student
krstn
Message 3 of 9 (13,890 Views)

i had the same issue with my wireless printer working for 2.5 months basically worry free (there were a few "blips" with the router, I resync'd and the issue was resolved).  Most recently I was recieving a message on the printer that "cannot connect to network".  The usual unplugging, turning off, restarting, resyncing did not work.

I ended up unistalling the software (I know others tried this and said it didn't work...there were 3 peices of software I had to remove - i was able to complete that successfully).

I then reloaded the software, upon set up I plugged the USB cable in again and allowed the printer to use the information on my router from the computer.  First try didn't work.  I hit retry (I had a IP address displaying on the printer at this point) and it worked!

good luck!

Student
Brysonsimp
Message 4 of 9 (13,178 Views)

Well, Larry, When you bought the HP deskjet 3050, you came with a disk. Put the disk in your laptop or PC and agree all the stuff then install. It also came with a USB port. Connect that to your laptop, PC then unplug both lines and it should print.

Your Support,

Bryson

Honor Student
yipso
Message 5 of 9 (13,176 Views)

[ Edited ]

im having the same problem with my new 3050 (just posted about it) hp told me it was because of my wireless smc router. still looking for a solution before i return this printer and by another brand. i install it corectly using the disc and used the usb to ge the router setting from my computer and it printed fine till it went inot its stand-by power saving mode and disconnected and has troubles reconnecting. it actually wont connect at all now.

Honor Student
hawking
Message 6 of 9 (7,412 Views)

HP deskjet 3050 won't print wirelessly or with USB cable

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 7 of 9 (7,393 Views)

OK, what error message?  What operating system?  Have you restarted the computer and printer?

I am employed by HP
Student
dkkenny1
Message 8 of 9 (5,841 Views)

hello, for some reason my hp3050 will not print or print wiressly.we tried rebooting computer and printer.we also reloaded disc.we have a trouble shoot report that says hp is currently turned off and you must turn on the wireless radio on your hp printer.also states refer to set up guide which i dont have.have no idea where to go to do this,can you please help

Professor
Gordon_H
Message 9 of 9 (5,832 Views)

Hello dkkenny1,

Are you running Windows on your computer? If so, I recommend running the HP Print and Scan Doctor. This tool provides a quick and easy way to diagnose and resolve many printing, scanning, and connectivity problems. Click the link below for details on how to download and run this tool:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03286146&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=4066452

:smileyhappy: If I have helped in any way, just click the Kudos star on the left. Also, if your issue has been resolved, don't forget to select Accept as Solution :smileyhappy:
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation