NickoDaSticko
Message 1 of 7 (2,127 Views)

Deskjet 3050A Printer not connecting to router

Product Name and Number: HP Desket 3050A Printer - J611a series

Operating System: Windows 7 64-bit

Error Message: None

Changes Made: None

Problem Description:

My printer won't connect to my router. The router has access control on and I have added the printer's mac address to it, yet it still is not connecting. I haven't actually told the printer to connect to the router, but I don't actually know how...

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 2 of 7 (2,107 Views)

Re: Deskjet 3050A Printer not connecting to router

Hi,

The wireless configuration have to be performed by using the software:

If you didn't installed the software yet, follow the installation and select wireless connection.

you will be prompted to temporary plug the USB in order to connect the printer.

If the software allready installed, enter Start > Programs > HP HP Deskjet 3050A Series.

There you will see an option named as reconfigure software / reconfigure wireless connection..

Follow the installation and you will be guided to temporary connect the USB in order to connect the printer.

Regards,

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
Honor Student
NickoDaSticko
Message 3 of 7 (2,105 Views)

I have installed the software and it is just frozen on "Checking network environment". The green bar is all the way across.

The frustrating thing is that it has worked fine on both my mum's laptop and my dad's laptop but it's not working on mine, it's just frozen as I said before.

Top Student
Sayayin
Message 4 of 7 (1,969 Views)

I have the same problem: The screen doesn't move on "Checking Network Environment".

this happened when trying to connecy mom's laptop to the family network

Student
NinjaPikachu
Message 5 of 7 (1,608 Views)

Has anyone found a solution to this? I'm having  the same problem.

Student
bjoe
Message 6 of 7 (210 Views)

My printer was working fine until a few days ago.  Now I get the message that the printer is offline, not connected to wireless   I have tried to follow your earlier advice, but that seems to be for Windows 7.  What should I do in Windows 8 to reconnect to the wireless

Distinguished Professor
Cheetah12
Message 7 of 7 (170 Views)

Hello Everyone,

I understand you're unable connect your Deskjet 3050A because the installation keeps hanging on "Checking Network Environment". I will do my best to assist you!

Follow this entire HP document on The Network Installation Hangs on the 'Checking Network Environment' Screen. If you're getting a printer offline message, then please follow this HP document on 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the Printer Will Not Print: Windows 8.

Please post your results, as I will be looking forward to hearing from you. Have a great night!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!

Cheetah12
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation