Question

Honor Student
Ki365
Message 1 of 4 (903 Views)

Deskjet 3050A is unable to connect to my wireless router.

I have a Deskjet 3052 A J611g all in one printer and everytime I try to connect it to my home network it fails to connect to my router. It hasn't given me a reason that the connection fails it just suggests that MAC address filtering may be enabled on my wireless router preventing my printer from connecting. However, I checked my router settings and the MAC filtering is disabled.  This issued occured after I hooked up this new modem. Previous modem was a 2Wire for AT&T. The current modem is a Pace from At&t. I didn't have any problem connection the printer to the 2Wire modem. My printer is connected to my HP CPU via USB cable, but I would like to connect it wirelessly to my HP laptop. The HP slimline is running Windows 7 and my laptop dv6 is running Vista.  I tried troubleshooting by using the information from the Wireless Network Test Results the printer printed out after I received the message. The things that raised red flags were located int he diagnostics results area of the report. Under connectivity  -connected read neither PASS or FAIL. It read 'not run'. Not sure what that means. Also, under settings in the diagnostic section of the report where it shows  -no filtering it reads FAIL, and under channel it reads 'not run'. Again, have no clue what that means.  I've played around with my router configuration settings to see if that would do the trick. I've been troubleshooting with Hp help and support, surfing forums all day, I even contacted At&t tech support to see if they could help, but nothing an no one has solved my issue thus far. I'm very frustrated and dissapointed in HP right now. I just wish that someone in this in this state, in this country, in this world, in this universe can give me some answers! tha's all I ask desparately!!!

Distinguished Professor
-JohnB-
Message 2 of 4 (878 Views)

ki365,

With the diagnostic page stating not run follow the steps outlined in this article as they should get you up and running:
http://goo.gl/8Xp0D

Let me know the results and any new errors that could creep up, Best of Luck!
You can say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in my post. If my post resolves your problem, please mark it as Accepted Solution so others can benefit too.
Honor Student
Ki365
Message 3 of 4 (866 Views)

Re: Deskjet 3050A is unable to connect to my wireless router.

JohnB-

Unfortuantely that didn't resolve the issue. I downloaded the software from the HP website instead of the CD, but it didn't matter. It's still giving me the same error message regarding the MAC address filter. I couldn't be anymore pissed at this point. It's not the MAC filter. I love my PC and laptop, but this all in one printer sucks, and I regret buying it at this point. I hate to say that, but this shouldn't be this difficult.

Distinguished Professor
-JohnB-
Message 4 of 4 (838 Views)

ki365,

I completely understand where you are coming from. Wireless setup is usually a breeze (in my experience). With you going through the steps listed above here is a much more in depth troubleshooting guide for wireless setup:
http://goo.gl/DWirg

However, I fear we may be encountering a quirk with the router itself and may need to set it back to factory defaults. Give the steps a shot first and if unsuccessful lets see about setting the router back to its factory defaults. After that re-setup your wireless and connect the printer again.

Best of Luck! Keep me posted on any new errors etc.
You can say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in my post. If my post resolves your problem, please mark it as Accepted Solution so others can benefit too.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation