Deskjet 3050A wireless setup without cable and without WPS (1036 Views)
Student
HT15
Message 1 of 2 (1,036 Views)

Deskjet 3050A wireless setup without cable and without WPS

So I am trying to setup my Deskjet 3050A J911 Series printer on a wireless network with a recently changed password. The router is a Linksys model# WRT54GS v.4. It does not have WPS and I do not have the cable. I have followed the standard setup procedures but am stuck at the point where I require the cable. If I cannot get one from another student how can I connect my printer. I am running Windows 7 and using the latest Install software.

Top Student
VoodooApocolyps
Message 2 of 2 (1,011 Views)

Re: Deskjet 3050A wireless setup without cable and without WPS

There is a bit of an advanced method you can use to get it connected but this requires that your computer or laptop be Wireless.

#1 On the printer go setup>wireless (or networking)>restore network defaults and this will make the printer broadcast it's own SSID.

#2 Now on your computer at the bottom right click on the networks icon, you should now see a network there listed HP setup (or something to that effect), connect to this network

#3 Now open a web browser and type in 192.168.223.1 and this will bring you to the embedded web server of the printer

#4 In here click the Network option and you should see an option down the left hand side that states 'Wireless setup wizard'

#5 Click this and follow the instructions on screen to connect your printer to your network

Please note that your browser may not support this function and you may not be able to proceed.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation