08-25-2013 08:13 AM
So I am trying to setup my Deskjet 3050A J911 Series printer on a wireless network with a recently changed password. The router is a Linksys model# WRT54GS v.4. It does not have WPS and I do not have the cable. I have followed the standard setup procedures but am stuck at the point where I require the cable. If I cannot get one from another student how can I connect my printer. I am running Windows 7 and using the latest Install software.
08-25-2013 10:55 AM
There is a bit of an advanced method you can use to get it connected but this requires that your computer or laptop be Wireless.
#1 On the printer go setup>wireless (or networking)>restore network defaults and this will make the printer broadcast it's own SSID.
#2 Now on your computer at the bottom right click on the networks icon, you should now see a network there listed HP setup (or something to that effect), connect to this network
#3 Now open a web browser and type in 192.168.223.1 and this will bring you to the embedded web server of the printer
#4 In here click the Network option and you should see an option down the left hand side that states 'Wireless setup wizard'
#5 Click this and follow the instructions on screen to connect your printer to your network
Please note that your browser may not support this function and you may not be able to proceed.
- HP Printers - Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection
- HP Web-Connected Printers and Supported Cloud Services for HP Printers
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- Setting Up the Printer for a Wireless Network for the HP LaserJet Pro P1102w Printer
- Setting Up the Printer for a Wireless Network for the HP Photosmart 5520 e-All-in-One, ENVY 5530 e-All-in-One, and HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 4510 and 5520 e-All-in-One Printer Series