Question

Tutor
verna2197
Message 1 of 3 (1,450 Views)

Deskjet 3050a J611 series and Windows 8.1

I have tried and tried to get my printer set up to this computer. Don't know what I am doing wrong.  The computers says everything is fine but when I go to print something it tells me my printer has a problem that needs intervetion?  I just don't understand. I go to devices and printers and run the troubleshooter and nothing. I have downloaded the HP Print and Scan Doctor. Shows my printer and says software is installed.

New day more trouble, I finally got the printer to work and then the power went off today and guess what, I now can't use the printer again. Tells me its offline?  The blue wireless is on the printer, so I don't know what is going on. I am so totally frustrated with this printer, I have had nothing but trouble with it ever since I purchased it. My sister has the same printer and she doesn't have any trouble with it. I am computer smart where she isn't. Can someone please help me get this printer working with my computer, I really need to print some stuff off.

Thank you.

HP Support Agent
Advance23
Message 2 of 3 (1,387 Views)

Re: Deskjet 3050a J611 series and Windows 8.1

Hi verna2197,

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with the Deskjet 3050a not connecting and now being Offline. I will try my best to help you resolve this.

In this document for 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the Printer Will Not Print are steps that may resolve your issues.

I am also including this document for Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection. It has steps for setting up a Static IP Address which should help with network connection issues.

I hope this information helps. Please let me know.

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" by the Reply to say “Thanks” for helping!

~Advance23~
I work on behalf of HP
Student
Gaylem5050
Message 3 of 3 (1,150 Views)

Re: Deskjet 3050a J611 series and Windows 8.1

Hi there

I bought this printer (the 3050A) only 6 months ago and I´ve not upgraded to a laptop with Windows 8.1.  Just put CD in to install it and it says it´s not compatible.  Is there a way to override that and continue with the installation.  I LOVE my HP printer and don´t want to have to buy a new one!! :smileyfrustrated:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation