Question

Honor Student
ko1s
Message 1 of 4 (819 Views)

Deskjet 3510 wireless setup problems

Just got my new hp3510. SW is installed on pc and printer ink and paper are installed and alignment page print & scan are done. I want to setup wireless direct. Directions say that I should see my wireless network name but see no way to invoke that from the printer. There is no wireless setup wizard on my printer control panel menu. When I try to connect my HP Slate 7 I see the printer on my tablet wireless list but I do not know the printer password. On the printer I can see the printer name but when I try to view the password I have a choice of Reset or Done. I am lost for now, does anyone have any ideas on what to do?

Thanks,  - ko1s

PhD Student
Kicktires
Message 2 of 4 (803 Views)

Re: Deskjet 3510 wireless setup problems

Hello-

This Link should explain how to obtain the password for wireless direct setup.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03382115&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=5157483&tmp...

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.
Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.
I appreciate your input !
Thank You,
Donald
Honor Student
ko1s
Message 3 of 4 (794 Views)

Thank you Kicktires. I can now print wireless direct from my tablet but now a new problem.  Everything I send to my desktop PC cannot be printed. A message says the printer cannot connect to my router. It says if my router uses MAC address filterinh I should add the MAC address of my printer to the router. Upon further inspection my router does not have MAC address filtering. Not sure what to do. I could hook up the USB cable to the printer again but I think that disables wireless direct printing. Hmmmm ... more to do but thanks for your help.

PhD Student
Kicktires
Message 4 of 4 (790 Views)

Hello-

Some of our printers will turn off the wireless ability with a cable plugged in. I think yours can do both.

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.
Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.
I appreciate your input !
Thank You,
Donald
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation