Deskjet 6840 - How do I connect to existing house wifi network? (7263 Views)
Student
judyo333
Message 1 of 4 (7,263 Views)

Deskjet 6840 - How do I connect to existing house wifi network?

I would like to connect my Deskjet 6840 to my home wireless network.  I recently resurrected my 6840 when another printer failed to work.  In moving, I lost documentation and manual for this printer.  Is there a resource I could use for step by step information?

Thank you!

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 2 of 4 (7,257 Views)

Re: Deskjet 6840 - How do I connect to existing house wifi network?

Here are all the resources you need in one tidy spot.

I'll offer my advice:  If you can connect to your wireless network (router) by Ethernet cable, it will be easier and more reliable. 

If this is not possible or you would rather have the printer remotely located from the router, wireless will work but requires a bit more setup and can be subject to the usual wireless signal interferences, etc.

I am employed by HP
Student
galiassor
Message 3 of 4 (679 Views)

I would like to connect my Deskjet 6840 to my home wireless network. I lost documentation and manual for this printer.  Is there a resource I could use for step by step information?

HP
Rainbow7000
Message 4 of 4 (622 Views)

Hello,

I understand you are looking for instructions on how to connect your Deskjet 6840 to your home wireless network. I have researched this for you and have found a few guides for you to choose from. I will post the link below, from there follow the instructions and this should help you connect to your network.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documentSubCategory?tmp_rule=4311&tmp_task=useCategory&cc=us&dlc=...

I hope this helps you!

Regards,

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

R a i n b o w 7000
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation