02-12-2010 07:49 AM
I would like to connect my Deskjet 6840 to my home wireless network. I recently resurrected my 6840 when another printer failed to work. In moving, I lost documentation and manual for this printer. Is there a resource I could use for step by step information?
02-12-2010 10:07 AM
Here are all the resources you need in one tidy spot.
I'll offer my advice: If you can connect to your wireless network (router) by Ethernet cable, it will be easier and more reliable.
If this is not possible or you would rather have the printer remotely located from the router, wireless will work but requires a bit more setup and can be subject to the usual wireless signal interferences, etc.
Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
I am employed by HP
12-26-2013 04:19 PM
I would like to connect my Deskjet 6840 to my home wireless network. I lost documentation and manual for this printer. Is there a resource I could use for step by step information?
01-02-2014 08:50 AM
I understand you are looking for instructions on how to connect your Deskjet 6840 to your home wireless network. I have researched this for you and have found a few guides for you to choose from. I will post the link below, from there follow the instructions and this should help you connect to your network.
I hope this helps you!
- HP Printers - Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection
- HP Web-Connected Printers and Supported Cloud Services for HP Printers
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- Setting Up the Printer for a Wireless Network for the HP LaserJet Pro P1102w Printer
- HP Single-Function and Multi-Function Printers - How to Find the WEP or WPA Key or Password for Your Wireless Network