07-05-2010 02:26 PM
I have a Deskjet 960C that worked on XP. Now I have another Desktop with Windows 7 connected on a network to the XP desktop. The deskjet installed it will not work and I am looking desperately for a Windows 7 driver which is supposed to be in Win 7 but it is not.
12-05-2010 05:31 PM
Do a Windows Update from Start > All Programs over and over until there are no more updates.
Now, with Internet access available, plug the printer into your PC.
Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
I am employed by HP
04-15-2012 05:15 PM - edited 04-15-2012 05:28 PM
That only works if you plug the printer ionto the Windows 7 computer. Mine has to be connected to the XP computer on the network. The Windows 7 computer knows where it is but cannot find any drivers for it at all. My Win7 machine is totally up to date, and there are no drivers for it on my windows 7 disk. As this machine has outlasted 4 newer HP machines. I am loath to ditch it.
- HP Printers - Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection
- HP Web-Connected Printers and Supported Cloud Services for HP Printers
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- Setting Up the Printer for a Wireless Network for the HP LaserJet Pro P1102w Printer
- HP Single-Function and Multi-Function Printers - How to Find the WEP or WPA Key or Password for Your Wireless Network