Question

Honor Student
ValeriaCip
Message 1 of 3 (7,239 Views)

Driver for Hp Laserjet 1020 with Mac Os X 10.6.2

Hello guys,

I bought my Mac last year and I have some problems with the driver of my hp laserjet 1020. I found out that Hp don't give any driver for Mac and I don't know how to install this printer in my laptop. 

There's another strange thing too: I downloaded the driver for the 1022 and I tried to install it in the computer but it seems to not be possible because the computer says that there is a recent version already installed , but I never did! 

Hope you can give me some solutions!

many thanks

Valeria

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 2 of 3 (7,230 Views)

Re: Driver for Hp Laserjet 1020 with Mac Os X 10.6.2

Many printer drivers are built into OS X 10.6.  Have you simply tried to add the printer?

System Preferences, Print & Fax.  Add a printer by clicking the '+' sign.  When asked what driver to choose via a pulldown, choose ones that are close (maybe the 1022?), then click 'Add'.

If that driver does not work, remove the printer by clicking '-', then try again by clicking '+' until you find something that works.

I am employed by HP
Student
lost_typeface
Message 3 of 3 (2,986 Views)

Re: Driver for Hp Laserjet 1020 with Mac Os X 10.6.2

for the lj 1020

HP Laserjet 1022, 1.4.0

works fine with MAC OS 10.6.8

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation