01-15-2010 05:41 AM
I bought my Mac last year and I have some problems with the driver of my hp laserjet 1020. I found out that Hp don't give any driver for Mac and I don't know how to install this printer in my laptop.
There's another strange thing too: I downloaded the driver for the 1022 and I tried to install it in the computer but it seems to not be possible because the computer says that there is a recent version already installed , but I never did!
Hope you can give me some solutions!
01-15-2010 08:44 AM
Many printer drivers are built into OS X 10.6. Have you simply tried to add the printer?
System Preferences, Print & Fax. Add a printer by clicking the '+' sign. When asked what driver to choose via a pulldown, choose ones that are close (maybe the 1022?), then click 'Add'.
If that driver does not work, remove the printer by clicking '-', then try again by clicking '+' until you find something that works.
Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
I am employed by HP
- HP Printers - Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection
- HP Web-Connected Printers and Supported Cloud Services for HP Printers
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- Setting Up the Printer for a Wireless Network for the HP LaserJet Pro P1102w Printer
- HP Single-Function and Multi-Function Printers - How to Find the WEP or WPA Key or Password for Your Wireless Network