Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Mac OS 10.7.4

Print attempts results in "The printer is not connected". Wireless working fine and no problems found when running Wireless Network Test Report. Tried adding device manually: safari cannot locate the IP address, and adding manually  results in error msg "Device is not reachable". Connection was fine for the first year or two, but not anymore. Spent time on forums, with user manual, but not achieving solution.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi Baleja

I would power cycle everything.
Turn the printer and computer off.
Disconnect the power cable on the router for 10 seconds, then reconnect the power cable again. Turn the computer on, then the printer.

Try and access the embedded webserver again with the IP address typed into the Safari browser.  Try and add the printer back in. Try  printing.

If it still fails I would restore the network settings on the printer and set up the printer on the network again.

Here is a document for setting up the network.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02466982

If you need more assistance just let me know.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Oh, if only it were as simple as this!

I have been experiencing exactly the same problems as Baleja for months now. I have recycled the power of the printer, computers and tablets that I have been trying to use with this printer many times. I have both a Windows 8 PC and several Apple devices and the problems are the same.

Essentially the printer and scanner are fine after recycling the power on the printer and... or... going into the printer's menu settings and manually clearing and resetting the WiFi network settings. Any device can see, access and use the printer or scanner for the first few minutes, but as soon as the printer goeas to sleep, then it goes offline. Tapping the "Power" button on the front of the printer wakes the LCD display and front panel up, but NOT the WiFi connection.

I should point out that any device connected via a USB lead can see and use the printer or scanner at any time, the problem seems to be isolated to devices trying to connect via WiFi.

For all intents and purposes, the WiFi seems to go to sleep with the printer but does not reactivate when the machine is woken up from the front panel. Nor can the printer be woken up by a device trying to print via WiFi (of course).

I am almost at the point of throwing the printer away. Were it not for the fact that I still have a set of XL cartridges to use, I would have done this a year or so ago!

😞

HP Recommended

This is exactly what is going on with my printer!! I too am about ready to throw it out into the trash. It looks as though there still isn't a solution for this issue.

HP Recommended

Please, before you lose complete confidence, I "may" be able to offer you a very simple solution. After having suffered with the problem of having lost connection to my printer via WiFi over two years ago, I had a very strange revelation recently.

I got home from work one day just before Christmas to find that my flat had had a power cut. Consequently all of my "always on" devices has been completely reset, including my Wireless Router, Now I had reset my router several times before, but this didn't appear to of had any effect before, but this time it was different. I won't bore you with the full details, but a couple of days later, I was very surprised to find that when I went to print from my ipad, thet I could once again see my Envy 100 printer in the devices list. This came as a shock and more out of interest, I attempted to print to it and was amazed that my beloved printer had come back from the Wireless Dead.  :-))

The only explanation I can offer of is that even though my printer had always been visible on the network via it's IP address, for some reason, a full connection had been lost. My full setup has a wireless router which has it's wifi connection swithed off but which is redirected through and Apple Airport base station that serves as my default WiFi connection. It may be that I was trying to reset the wrong device.

So, before you lose all confidence (as I had done), please try the following:

1) disconnect your printer from the mains.

2) Power down ALL wireless routers in your system

3) Power down your primary internet connection, Broadband Modem.

4) Wait a few minutes.

5) Power your Broadband Modem back up first

6) -- If you have other additional Wireless transmitters, such as an Apple Airport, power these up now.

7) When everything is up and running again, reconnect your printer to the mains and power it up.

You may also need to do the following,

😎 - Reset the Network settings on your Envy printer

9) - On a computer, such as an Apple Macintosh system, go back into the System Preferences and look to see if the printer has reappeared in your list of available printers and re-add it to your system if so.

Amazingly, after two years of frustration and nearly throwing my printer away, my Envy 100 enjoys life back right at the centre of my computer network, and my Ipad loves it!

Welcome back my friend!

(I hope that this helps somebody)!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.