Question

Honor Student
tico125
Message 1 of 3 (1,968 Views)
Accepted Solution

Envy 5530, wireless printing from Mac and Windows 7 laptop

Hi,

I just set up my new Envy 5530 printer wirelessly on my iMac (running Mac OS 10.9), I can print to it just fine, even from my iPhone and iPad. I also assigned an e-mail address to it and that is working fine, too.

However, I also have an HP ProBook 6455b laptop and I'd like to be able to print from it wirelessly, too. But that is not working, as I am unable to install the printer using the 'Devices and Printers' wizard on Windows 7.

I went to:

Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers > Add a printer > Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer. That printer cannot be found, even when it is on and the rest of my devices can see it and print to it.

Do I need to download and install the drivers for Windows 7 from hp.com? Or is there anything that I am not seeing which is making the printer invisible to my Windows 7 machine?

Thanks in advance for your help,

David G.

HP Support Agent
Advance23
Message 2 of 3 (1,911 Views)

Re: Envy 5530, wireless printing from Mac and Windows 7 laptop

Hi David G.,

I understand that you cannot get the printer connected to your Windows laptop. You are on the right track, you do need download the HP ENVY 5530 e-All-in-One Printer Drivers. Select your operating system and click the 'Next' button. Scroll down and click on 'Driver - Product Installation Software'. Click on HP Envy 5530 e-All-in-One Printer series Full Feature Software and Driver. This should bring up the download page, click on the 'Download' button and I suggest saving to your desktop and running the install from there.

I hope this helps, let me know.

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" by the Reply to say “Thanks” for helping!

~Advance23~
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
tico125
Message 3 of 3 (1,905 Views)

Re: Envy 5530, wireless printing from Mac and Windows 7 laptop

Hi,

Thanks for your response. I ended up figuring that out by myself on the day when I posted this question. It was a bit more complicated because I was connected to Remote Access (HP employee here), which means the printer was not on the same network as my work computer. I had to disconnect from Remote Access and then the printer was successfully detected by Windows, I used the driver from the DVD and now it works, even if I'm connected to RA.

I do thank you for taking the time to respond to my question, I appreciate the help.

Regards,

David G.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation