Question

Tutor
jrszabo
Message 1 of 11 (1,262 Views)
Accepted Solution

Error 1327

My wife was trying to install her HP5850 printer driver for the HP CD. But I got an Error 1327  window. She also tried to install Microsoft Office Word 2007 Upgrade and got the same error. Any ides on what to do?

Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 2 of 11 (1,258 Views)

Re: Error 1327

Try THIS and THIS.
----------------------------
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
I am an ex-HP Employee.
Tutor
jrszabo
Message 3 of 11 (1,250 Views)

Well waiting a for reply from this forum, I tried this solution [http://consumerdocs.installshield.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=Q110636&sliceId=1] I appears to the same as one or your solutions. The only problem was that the CD-ROM was allready labeled as drive D.  So in order for me to get to work I changted the label to Drive F; after that I was able to install programs using this CD-ROM.

Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 4 of 11 (1,249 Views)

Glad to know it worked. I request you to mark my post as the Solution so that other users with the same issue can benefit from this thread.
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
I am an ex-HP Employee.
Tutor
jrszabo
Message 5 of 11 (1,246 Views)

But did it really work? I just changed the drive letter from the D was it supposed to be according the PC to F which the error desired ?
Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 6 of 11 (1,233 Views)

Can you please rephrase the question to make it more understandable?
I am an ex-HP Employee.
Tutor
jrszabo
Message 7 of 11 (1,215 Views)

The CD-ROM was always labeled as the D drive, and I went thru steps in that webpage that I posted, the CD-ROM was shown as the D drive.  The error on my wife's PC always referred invalid drive F. I couldn't letter of the CD-ROM to D, because it was already designated as D. But the only way that I could make it work was by changing the drive letter to F. Now her PC lists her CD-ROM as drive F, instead of D, like it was and should be.

Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 8 of 11 (1,209 Views)

It doesnt really matter what the drive letter of a drive is. There's no rule that it had to be D:. It can be anything from D: to Z:. As long as it works, it's fine.
I am an ex-HP Employee.
Tutor
jrszabo
Message 9 of 11 (1,206 Views)

So why did she get the 1327 error?
Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 10 of 11 (1,201 Views)

jrszabo wrote:
So why did she get the 1327 error?

As mentioned by Microsoft: 'This behavior may occur if a registry key contains an incorrect value in a Data field.'

And, If the drive letter of the hard disk that contains the operating system is changed, the registry keys refer to nonexistent folders, and Setup fails. 

I am an ex-HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation