Error 49.4C02 (73500 Views)
Student
Treacle
Message 1 of 6 (73,500 Views)

Error 49.4C02

Hi there.  We have a HP5550DN printer in our office which shows 'error 49.4C02' when trying to print some versions of Adobe Acrobat Standard documents.  Its not all pdf's just certain ones.  The only option at the moment is telling the printer to print as an image but this can be annoying if we have to do it all of the time.  Is there an update or driver we can install via an administrator to sort this out. :womanindifferent:

Teacher
mancy_techno
Message 2 of 6 (73,450 Views)

Re: Error 49.4C02

Hi,

Printer error 49.4c02 may occur due to corrupted print queue.

Just clear the queue and restart the printer and the error may be fixed.

This would seem to work for most cases. If none of them are corrupted, check to see if any of them are in an uncommon size.

Larger printings tend to result in this error as well.

Check if it’s the cause by clearing the queue then printing normal-sized documents instead.

The error may also be caused due to complicated fonts as they are harder to read, especially if they’re in color or written in a pdf format.

If this is the cause of the error you can either stop printing such documents and update the drivers or firmware.

The drivers may contain bugs which cause the printers to act this way, so updating them will solve the problem.

Set peace of mind as your highest goal,and organize your life around it.
Provost
ShlomiL
Message 3 of 6 (73,440 Views)

One other suggestion you may try:

Under the Adobe Reader Print dialog, Press the "advanced" button and mark the "Print as Image" option.

Than check for any change.

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
Student
dlarmard
Message 4 of 6 (73,089 Views)

Setting my advance print option to "Print as Image" worked like a charm.

Thanks

Top Student
i-maxim
Message 5 of 6 (69,980 Views)

The 49.4C02 was solved by changing the JetDirect Card (620N)

Student
Vivek_Madaan
Message 6 of 6 (44,982 Views)

Hi,

I am receiving same error on one of our HP N/W printers. Last time when this error occured, one of my colleague tried to print a pdf file with high graphics and as soon as cancelled the job from her system, restarted the printer; the issue got resolved. Now somebody else has printed a similar document in our N/W and I can't identify, who?

I need to cancel the job queued on the printer and I have no clue from what machine is it. Can I cancel the jobs from the printer itself?

I tried to restart the printer to see If that cancels the job but no luck.

Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation