Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have an HP Envy 5530 and am routinely getting the following error bubble:

HPError.JPG

Clicking OK either on the screen or on the printer allows printing to continue and the printer sayse it's connecting with 

"Update In Progress

Update is in progress.  This may take several minutes.  You can check HP Instant Ink Status by touching the Ink icon from the Home menu."

Next time I print, I get the same message.

without error, yet I see the same message next time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey @cwknox

Thanks for posting in the HP Support Forum. :robotvery-happy: 

I see that you're encountering a 'connect printer' prompt from HP Connected/Instant Ink when using your HP ENVY 5530 e-All-in-One Printer.  I would like to advise you on this issue.  I have some suggestions that might help. 

Try the following steps: 

• From your printer's front panel touch the webservices icon (ePrint.gif). 
  • If your webservices are not enabled, touch OK to enable and to allow for automatic updates. The 5530 should print out an info sheet listing the printer's claim code - this will come in handy later.  
  • If webservices are already enabled select Print Info and hold onto the resulting printout. 
  • Next, sign into your Instant Ink account.  If you see a notification to the effect that your printer is not connected to Instant Ink, click on the Add Printer button and type in the printer claim code from the info page you printed earlier.
  • If this updates successfully, unplug your printer for one minute and plug it back in.  

If this approach restores the printer's connection to the Instant Ink servers and eliminates the connection prompts, great!  If not, I recommend you reach out to our Cloud Support team. You can click on the following link to initiate a case: https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp/product/HP-Instant-Ink-series/5264756/model/5401249#Z7_3054I...

Once you fill out the online form to create your case you can choose from different direct contact methods.  Please let me know the result of your troubleshooting by responding to this post.  If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to say "You rock!" by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below and clicking to accept this solution.

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day! 

E-roq
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hey @cwknox

Thanks for posting in the HP Support Forum. :robotvery-happy: 

I see that you're encountering a 'connect printer' prompt from HP Connected/Instant Ink when using your HP ENVY 5530 e-All-in-One Printer.  I would like to advise you on this issue.  I have some suggestions that might help. 

Try the following steps: 

• From your printer's front panel touch the webservices icon (ePrint.gif). 
  • If your webservices are not enabled, touch OK to enable and to allow for automatic updates. The 5530 should print out an info sheet listing the printer's claim code - this will come in handy later.  
  • If webservices are already enabled select Print Info and hold onto the resulting printout. 
  • Next, sign into your Instant Ink account.  If you see a notification to the effect that your printer is not connected to Instant Ink, click on the Add Printer button and type in the printer claim code from the info page you printed earlier.
  • If this updates successfully, unplug your printer for one minute and plug it back in.  

If this approach restores the printer's connection to the Instant Ink servers and eliminates the connection prompts, great!  If not, I recommend you reach out to our Cloud Support team. You can click on the following link to initiate a case: https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp/product/HP-Instant-Ink-series/5264756/model/5401249#Z7_3054I...

Once you fill out the online form to create your case you can choose from different direct contact methods.  Please let me know the result of your troubleshooting by responding to this post.  If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to say "You rock!" by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below and clicking to accept this solution.

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day! 

E-roq
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Operator Error. 

When I set the printer up, I thought I had set up Instant Ink, but it was incomplete -- Instant Ink needs a payment method.  Working with a support person on chat we were able to diagnose it and I got to the right page to properly set up Instant Ink.  The person on the chat was very helpful and it proved to be a good method to get the problem resolved.  

I'm rather surprised that the automated messages did not immediately send me to set up the payment method.  The system should be able to detect that kind of problem.  Nonetheless the humans came through where the bots failed.  We've held Skynet off for another day.

HP Recommended

thanks.jpg

You're most welcome. 

Regards,

E-roq
I work on behalf of HP

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.