Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have an HP OfficeJet 4620 network printer.

All of a sudden the wireless light turned off, and whenever I try to enable it by pressing the WiFi button I get the followig message: "Wireless communication has been disabled. Contact your network administrator or the person who set up the printer."

If I try to go to the network settings by going to the Setup Menu > Network, I get the exact same error; I also see it if I try to print a network status page.

I also tried restoring the defaults, but that didn't worked.

I'm trying to find a way to fully reset it, but I can't find a way other than the Restore Defaults in the settings menu.

Any help is appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello, 

Please check you private message inbox. 

Thanks!

View solution in original post

113 REPLIES 113
HP Recommended

Hello, 

Please check you private message inbox. 

Thanks!

HP Recommended

I'm glad I could help resolve your issue.

HP Recommended
hello, can you please send me the solution too?
HP Recommended

@Inderjit2013, please check your private message inbox.

HP Recommended

hi i got the same problem, could you send me the solution? Thanks

HP Recommended

@andreagalassi, please check your Private message.

HP Recommended

How about posting the solution instead of PM'ing everyone?

HP Recommended
lions99,

If you are not going to provide the solution publicly (why?) could you please sent it to me as well, as I have encountered the exact same problem and am unable to resolve it.
HP Recommended

@simbr, please check your private message inbox.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.