02-09-2013 09:14 PM
I just purchased a HP Deskjet 3510 and got through the setup and installation fine. I am using Windows 7 64 bit and am trying to use this printer wirelessly. I connected the printer to my wireless modem through my desktop and it said it connected successfully. When I try to use the eprint feature on the printer, it says that it needs to update. It then proceeds to download the update and then it says please wait. It stays on that screen for a couple of minutes and then returns this error: Error Code 0x02b7c2ed SM Module C. The power button flashes and that is the only button that will respond. When pressed, it automatically restarts the printer and says that the update was not successful. I don't know if it is relevant or not but it is currently hooked up through usb. I am waiting on my wireless adapter to come in a few days. I am concerned with this error message and need to know how to fix it or if I need to get a replacement. Thank you in advance.
02-11-2013 01:01 PM
I would take a look at the document below. I would also try removing the ink cartridges and cleaning the copper contacts on the cartridges.
Let me know how it goes.
02-16-2013 04:16 PM
Before I tried what you suggested, I reinstalled all drivers and reinstalled all software connecting it wirelessly to my computer. I also changed the name of the printer as it shows up on the network. I doubt that has anything to do with it but figured I would mention it. I then went through the update process on the printer and it worked. No instance of this error code again. Thank you for the quick reply.
- HP Printers - Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection
- HP Web-Connected Printers and Supported Cloud Services for HP Printers
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- Setting Up the Printer for a Wireless Network for the HP LaserJet Pro P1102w Printer
- HP Single-Function and Multi-Function Printers - How to Find the WEP or WPA Key or Password for Your Wireless Network