Question

Tutor
eng90
Message 31 of 66 (1,546 Views)

Re: F4580 unable to connect Wireless

I am having similar problems with this printer.  I have connected to hpsetup and retrieved the IP address.  I enter the IP address in my browser and get a wrong address message.  Am I supposed to be connected to hpsetup when trying to connect to the IP address or do I use my network?  I have turned off my firewall and had the same result.  What is keeping me from reaching the url?  I have struggled with this for three weeks now and would really appreciate your help.

This started when I replaced my Linksys "g" router with a Dlink "N" router.  I have tested all of the connections (wired and wireless).  All seem to be fine.  I simply cannot get to the printer configuration.

Thank you!

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 32 of 66 (1,539 Views)

Do you want to connect the printer to your router?  OK, make sure that the router is broadcasting 802.11g, not just 802.11n. 

Get the latest software for your printer from the "Support & Driver" link at the top of this page and run the installer, choosing network installation when it asks.

I am employed by HP
Tutor
eng90
Message 33 of 66 (1,526 Views)

Yes, I want to connect the printer to the router.  The router supports both "g" and "n".  I am working on an old Toshiba laptop that uses "g".  I have not problem with the connection between the computer and router.  I have downloaded the lastest software and driver.  Reinstalled.  I end up at the same place.  I have tried to setup the network connection with the printer CD and with the downloaded software.  I do not get to the network set up page in either case.

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 34 of 66 (1,516 Views)

When you start the software make sure the printer is not plugged into the PC with USB.

If you have DSL:

Sometimes DSL providers have more control over the router than the printer likes.

- Unplug the telephone line from the router
- Turn the power off on the router, wait 30 seconds, then turn the power back on.
- Go through the normal process of connecting the printer to the router.
- Now find the IP address of the printer (it should be on the self-test printout), type it into a browser.
- On that screen you will find a Networking Tab, then on the left Wireless, then the IPv4 Tab.
- On this screen you want to set a Manual IP. You need to set an IP address outside the range that the router automatically sets (called the DHCP range). If you know what that is, set an IP outside that range but no higher than 254 (the last number in the address). If you do not know, use the current IP address.
- Use 255.255.255.0 for the subnet (unless you know it is different, if so, use that)
- Leave the gateway and DNS blank
- Finally, plug in the phone line, reboot the router and test.

I am employed by HP
Student
funandfablife
Message 35 of 66 (1,500 Views)

Okay my problem is also similar:  Im trying to print wirelessly to my HP Officejet Pro L7700 from my HP Pavilion dv5-1125nr Notebook and I just installed the latest version of the HP software from the website.

When I type in the IP address, it pulls up a page and says that I am connected to my printer.  It has the levels of ink displayed, I was able to scan and pull up an image of what was on the scan screen, etc. And I was even able to wirelessly print some kind of configuration page or test page successfully.  But then as soon as I try to print something from the internet or a document from word, an HP Solution Center page pops up and says 'Document Failed to Print' 'The job failed to print due to an error in the printing system'.  And when I cancel the pending/quene print jobs, in the status it reads ERROR - Sent to printer.  And the Solution Center page switched from a red X (document failed to print) to a yellow triangle with an ! in it and says HP Officejet Pro L7700 Series Disconnected!  Yet it still says status connected and ready when I pull up the IP address again.   HELP! I've been going over this for hours and hours and cannot figure it out! I feel like its something so simple too, because I clearly see that I can pull up the printer info.  

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 36 of 66 (1,484 Views)

Have you disabled your security system's firewall?  What security system are you using?

I am employed by HP
Tutor
eng90
Message 37 of 66 (1,457 Views)

I do not have DSL.  I am using a cable modem.  I have turned everything off.  Then started the router, computer and printer in that order.  Same results.  I have tried this both with my McAfee firewall on and off.  I have tried to enter the printer through the software, hpsetup, and the IP address.  I connect via USB and hpsetup but no further.  Would appreciate if you can point me another direction.

Thank you!

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 38 of 66 (1,449 Views)

What brand/model router do you have?  What operating system?

I am employed by HP
Tutor
eng90
Message 39 of 66 (1,440 Views)

I am using a Dlink DIR 655 router and Windows XP.  I have sucessfully connected the printer to the network going through the router advance settings and using the WPS of the printer.  The connection PASSes all tests now on the network configuration test report.  I received a printer offline error when I send a document to the printer via wireless.  I can print with USB.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software.  Then tried to change the printer connection to wireless from USB.  The software never gets past Installing Software.  Any suggestions?

Thank you!

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 40 of 66 (1,425 Views)

What does this utility say?  http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Nav?h_pagetype=s-926&h_lang=en&h_client=s-h-e17-1&h_keyword=dg-NDU&ju...

I am employed by HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation