12-11-2009 06:01 AM
I just purchased an HP Photosmart Premium Fax All in One Series C09a.
Works wireless great with one of our HP PC's, the other does not (Sony Vaio). The pc detects the wireless printer just fine when I click to install the printer the following message is displayed:
The printer installation failed. Operation could not be completed (error 0x00000643)
I have tried 10 times I still get the same message back.
12-11-2009 09:04 AM
A quick google of the error code returned this from Microsoft.
Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
I am employed by HP
11-17-2014 08:55 AM
I had this problem when HP 5740 was installed using one computer in a wireless home network. Got the above error code when installing the same printer on a second computer. I had to turn off the firewall on the second computer. After the installation completed successfully and I turned the firewall back on, the printer was usable on the second computer.
- HP AirPrint-Compatible Wireless Printers - Wireless Printing with Apple's AirPrint
- HP LaserJet Pro P1102w, P1109w - Wireless Printer Setup
- HP Deskjet 2540 and 2545 Printers - Wireless Printer Setup (Windows)
- HP ENVY 4500 and HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 3540 Printers - Wireless Printer Setup
- Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection