Question

Tutor
pelle
Message 1 of 10 (2,818 Views)

Firmware update for HP OfficeJet Pro 8000 wireless to fix load paper issue - as for the 8500?

Is there any hope that that soon will be a firmware update to fix the issues loading paper and the printheads for the HP OfficeJet Pro 8000 wireless printer? 

A month or two ago there came a firmware update to the HP OfficeJet Pro 8500 wireless, which has some of the same issues,

and allegedly should have the much of the same load-mechanism as the 8000 printer.

It would be great, as we are on the fourth (4) replacement of this HP 8000 printer. For example, it would be great if we could use normal (80g) paper and not has to use (HP) 90g paper, as this prevents us from using the duplexer and only print on one side.

Tutor
pelle
Message 2 of 10 (2,771 Views)

Re: Firmware update for HP OfficeJet Pro 8000 wireless to fix load paper issue - as for the 8500?

Adding to my post above, we have found that when switching to the paper type "Bright White Paper" in the print menu, does make it possible to use the duplexer and print on both sides! 

However, we still from time to time have the "Load paper" alert popping up, even when there is plenty of paper in the tray.

Have given up on HP to fix this, and will replace printer when we have used up the ink for this. Seem's that HP does not want to provide any information on anything here, e.g. on upcoming updates...

Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 3 of 10 (2,765 Views)

Re: Firmware update for HP OfficeJet Pro 8000 wireless to fix load paper issue - as for the 8500?

These forums are NOT an official channel to contact HP. If you really want to request HP for a firmware update, then call HP Tech Support.

----------------------------
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
I am an ex-HP Employee.
Tutor
pelle
Message 4 of 10 (2,546 Views)

Thanks for the advice to contact HP tech support!

I have tried in multiple ways since November 2009 to contact HP, when I got the first (of 4) printers. The first 3 printers was subsequently replaced.

Finally in late June 2010 I got the message that there was coming an firmware update for Windows, but not for Mac's. The firmware should improve among other things the paper pick up (load paper issue) and the print-heads life.

I have applied the Windows firmware on the printer from a pc, but still seems to have load-paper issues, even using HP Bright White paper, when printing from Mac's. I have not tested the printing from a pc, but assumes that a firmware upgrade the printer, and are not specific to a certain OS.

Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 5 of 10 (2,534 Views)

You're correct. The OS is only a medium to install the firmware on the printer itself. If you still face the same issues, then the printer might require a replacement. When you called HP, did they ask you to perform any troubleshooting?

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
I am an ex-HP Employee.
Tutor
pelle
Message 6 of 10 (2,505 Views)

I talked with the DK HP support nearly 2 moths ago, and finally they offered my money back! I did not use that offer, as they also said, that there might be an update coming in the future, and sending back the printer would leave me with a stock of ink and no printer.

However, I have since December until May tried all kind of trouble-shooting myself and guided by mail, chat and telephone from HP supporters, and nothing have made the 4 (four) printers I have had work without this "Load Paper" issue (reports: No paper"). 

My present strategy is to use the ink we have in stock and then consider another printer (not a HP).

Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 7 of 10 (2,496 Views)

Did you request them to refund the cost for the cartridges also? If they can refund the cost for the printer, then they can surely refund the price for the unopened cartridges you have.

I am an ex-HP Employee.
Tutor
pelle
Message 8 of 10 (2,494 Views)

I asked them, but the offer was only for the printer, not the supplies.

Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 9 of 10 (2,487 Views)

Which country are you located in?

I am an ex-HP Employee.
Tutor
pelle
Message 10 of 10 (2,453 Views)

I'm located in Denmark.  

PS: Has to tell you, that due to very limited space here in my very small office-room at home, I now have taken the paper-boxes away from the ink-boxes, so probably HP will consider them as "not un-opened, even if they are all still in their protective sealed bags. I bought a substantial amount of ink, as we are two persons working on several larger projects at work and home for the time being. I was really hoping that HP could bring the printer to work with updates, as this is what one would expect from that company.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation