Question

Honor Student
hateallhp
Message 1 of 5 (2,960 Views)

HELP!! Can't setup m1217nfw wireless network!!

I'm running on windows 7, 32 bit.  When I run the selftest/configuration report, IPv4 address, IP Subnet Mask, and IP Default Gateway is all zeroes.  Status=not connected.  I want to connect to the network, but cannot even find where to SEARCH for available networks.  

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 2 of 5 (2,952 Views)

Re: HELP!! Can't setup m1217nfw wireless network!!

Hi,

The Wireless Configuration being done via the HP software.

Run the installation CD and click on Install.

Select to Connect a new printer, select Wireless as the connection type and the installation will guide you during the network configuration.

be aware that the installation may prompt to temporary connect a USB between your printer and the PC in order to transfer the wireless connection details to the device.

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
Honor Student
hateallhp
Message 3 of 5 (2,949 Views)

don't have the installation cd.  

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 4 of 5 (2,939 Views)

The software must be used to configure the wireless connection.

If you no longer have the original CD you may download the latest software from the following link and follow the same procedure:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=Im-80811-5&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
Honor Student
hateallhp
Message 5 of 5 (2,933 Views)

This is the message I keep getting.  I did turn it off, turn it on.  The USB is not connected to my tower.  I've tried several times and keep getting the same thing. 

The printer installation failed. Please try the following steps after you click Close.

1. Ensure the USB cable is disconnected from the printer.
2. Turn the printer off, then on.
3. Rerun the CD install software

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation