Question

Honor Student
siancan
Message 1 of 4 (692 Views)

HP 2544 printer not printing when tryng add another laptop

I have just purchased an HP Deskjet 2544 laptop today and have managed to install it wirelessly to my laptop, I have tried to set the printer wirelessly on my sons laptop and it saying its on the network, but when you press print it says its printing but nothing comes out. There is nothing waiting to be printed.

Ive tried all sorts of troubleshooting but nothing works

The laptop is on my homegroup and devices/printers can be shared.

All the other printers I have purchased before just connected automatically, what can I do as need to add my daughters laptopn as well.

Please help.

HP Support Agent
HevnLgh
Message 2 of 4 (656 Views)

Re: HP 2544 printer not printing when tryng add another laptop

Hi siancan,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! :smileyhappy: I understand when trying to print to your HP Deskjet 2544, it acts as though it is printing but nothing is sent to the printer queue, therefore nothing is printed. Did you install the software and drivers on their computers as well?  I suggest installing the software and walking through the wireless connection setup on their computers. Can you please let me know which Operating system you are trying to install the software on?

If you are using a Windows Operating system, go ahead and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor- It was designed by HP to provide users with the troubleshooting and problem solving features needed to resolve many common problems experienced with HP print and scan products connected to Windows-based computers.

I will watch for your reply, with the requested information.

Thank you,

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

HevnlghHelP
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
siancan
Message 3 of 4 (653 Views)

I have managed to install it and it works from my daughters vista laptop (which installed first time) and my windows 8 laptop.

My sons is a windows 8 laptop. I ran the HP Print and Scan Doctor and it said it was the software. I uninstalled as it said then re installed. The laptop picks up the printer by wifi and says it is installed and it is listed as a printer in devices.

if you go on internet and enter IP address, everything is ok.

It says it is a network printer. On goimg on my laptop it says he is in my homegroup and can use printers. Ive even disabled his Firewall as advised on HP Print and Scan Doctor.

You go to print the document says it printing and it even goes from print queue but nothing comes out. 

Very confused as didnt happen with last printer.

Hope you can help further.

HP Support Agent
HevnLgh
Message 4 of 4 (650 Views)

siancan,

I understand your frustration, and think we are getting closer and closer. I would like you to continue here: Print Jobs are Stuck in the Print Queue, go ahead and skip Solution one as we have already ran the PSDR and continue with Solution two.

Thank you so much for your continued efforts! :smileyhappy:

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

HevnlghHelP
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation