Question
Honor Student
Message 1 of 6 (740 Views)

HP 3052A Printer wireless keeps going off by itself

my 3052a keeps saying that the wireless is off. i turn the wireless on and immediately go back and it says 'wireless off' again.

Provost
Message 2 of 6 (727 Views)

Re: HP 3052A Printer wireless keeps going off by itself

[ Edited ]

In the same wireless menu on the front of the printer, choose "Restore Wireless Defaults".  If the printer is not connected to a wireless router, the radio will stay on one hour after you do the Restore, allowing you time to connect the printer to the network.

I am employed by HP
Honor Student
Message 3 of 6 (711 Views)

I had a print job that was pretty time-sensitive so I ended up doing a live online chat with tech support. This was part of the solution tho. Than You for responding!!!

Student
Message 4 of 6 (625 Views)

I am having the same problem. I normally can unplug the router and wait about 30 seconds and it resets and is online and connected.  Until this week that won't work. I have tired unplugging both and restarting my computer, that didn't work. I have tried the above restoring defaults, that didn't work.  I have a VPN but my printer isn't connect to it, but my router is.  But like I mentioned before, I normally can unplug the router and the printer reconnect.  I unistalled the software last night and reinstalled. It worked. This morning, its not connected.  I have tried the diagnsotic utility and it just says printer is not connected.  What else can I do??  Thanks.

Provost
Message 5 of 6 (619 Views)

Restore defaults on the printer and re-install it with the HP software again.

It may not print from a PC on which VPN is active, by the way.

I am employed by HP
Student
Message 6 of 6 (26 Views)

My 3052A is acting very odd.  I am tech savvy and have set up the wireless connection before with the same router.  

I do WPS and my router says it's connected to the printer within 3 to 5 seconds.  But the printer's screen says "connecting" for about a minute then then says WPS error?  The error report says the wireless radio is OFF?  This is so odd because I keep making sure the radio is set to ON before startin WPS. 

Obviosly the radio is ON or the router would not report that it has connected.  It's like the printer turns the radio OFF on it's own.

Any idea on how to solve this odd issue?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation