08-27-2013 08:51 PM
I have the printer mentioned above.
As I was having wifi problems, I had a new router placed in my home and the printer abandoned ship. My wireless printing capabilities went out the window. Using the WPS button on my Motorola SBG6580 Surfboard, I quickly reconnected my printer to our new network. However, my MacBook Pro does not recognize my printer as being on the network. Following some customer-service threads on HP's help site, I ended up removing and re-adding the printer from and to the list of printers. I can ePrint if I send emails to my ePrint email address and I can print if I use a USB cable, but I still can't print wirelessly. If I try to print to the printer, and not the email, without the USB cable, an error message says "The Printer is not Connected" and shows a little yellow lightning bolt next to the printer symbol on my printer status page.
08-27-2013 09:09 PM
Mac OS X uses Bonjour to communicate with the printer, more likely the new router does not support it or not configured to allow multicasting as needed (if applicable).
First try adding the pritner using Jetdirect and check if you can print:
- Under System Preferences go to Print & Scan.
- Click the plus sign.
- Select the IP tab.
- Set the protocol as HP Jetdirect-Socket.
- Set the Address as the IP address of the printer. You may find the IP by clicking the Wireless button on the printer.
- Click on Add and try pritning using the newly created print queue.
If you are able to print using the new print queue the issue is only related with your router configuration.
Try accessing your router's home page and select the Advanced tab and check the box next to Multicast Enabled.
Apply the changes and reboot both the router and the pritner, then check for any difference.
As well try updating the firmware of your router.
If the same persists using the standard Bonjour print queue only but work fine using the Jetdirect one I would suggest contacting your router support and check its Bonjour functionality.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution
- HP AirPrint-Compatible Wireless Printers - Wireless Printing with Apple's AirPrint
- HP LaserJet Pro P1102w, P1109w - Wireless Printer Setup
- HP Deskjet 2540 and 2545 Printers - Wireless Printer Setup (Windows)
- HP ENVY 4500 and HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 3540 Printers - Wireless Printer Setup
- Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection