Question

Honor Student
Demprint
Message 1 of 4 (1,310 Views)

HP 3510 all-in-one won't connect to wireless - MAC filter

I'm trying to set up my HP Deskjet 3510 e-all-in-one, but every time it tries to connect to my wireless, it fails and gives me an error saying it may be due to the MAC filtering on my router.. but there is no MAC filtering on my router! I even added it to the approved devices just in case. If I try to just set it up via USB, the software doesn't always respond to the fact that I've plugged my printer into my laptop. I'm on Windows Vista. TRIED the solution of unplugging everything, restarting everything, turning things off and on again, etc., the error never changes but I have seen for myself and had the internet company confirm that there isn't any MAC filtering on my router.

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 2 of 4 (1,297 Views)

Re: HP 3510 all-in-one won't connect to wireless - MAC filter

Hi,

Please enter your wireless router configuration and check what security type is configured.

May it set as WEP security?

If so, ensure the authentication type is set as Open or Auto, then try connecting the printer again.. HP printers does not support the Shared Authentication type..

Otherwise please clarify what security type is configured.

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
Honor Student
Demprint
Message 3 of 4 (1,285 Views)

[ Edited ]

Security type is: WPA2 - Personal

Not sure how to find the configuration information for you..

Honor Student
Demprint
Message 4 of 4 (1,250 Views)

Still really need help with this.. Is there someplace else I can go for help?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation