07-12-2012 07:14 PM
I'm having a heck of a time with HP 4250 printers installed on a Windows Server 2008 printer server. First I used the PCL6 driver downloaded from HP site. But then after client computers install printer they cannot print from Acrobat in landscape orientation. Also, whenever I select Printer Properties on the server Windows responds that the print drivers are not installed, asking if I want to install them. My client machines are a mix of XP, W7 32-bit and W7 64-bit. I switched to the PCL5 driver on the server, which fixed the Acrobat landscape issue, but now none of my XP clients can install the network printer, even when browsing to the PCL 5 driver for XP as downloaded from HP's site (I have not had success installing the x86 drivers on my 64-bit printer server).
I can install the 4250 on an XP machine w/direct TCP/IP port using PCL 5e driver but then I defeat purpose of print server.
Any suggestions on easiest driver/print server installation/cfg. is greatly appreciated!
07-16-2012 09:51 AM
- HP Printers - Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection
- HP Web-Connected Printers and Supported Cloud Services for HP Printers
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- Setting Up the Printer for a Wireless Network for the HP LaserJet Pro P1102w Printer
- HP Single-Function and Multi-Function Printers - How to Find the WEP or WPA Key or Password for Your Wireless Network