07-12-2012 07:14 PM
I'm having a heck of a time with HP 4250 printers installed on a Windows Server 2008 printer server. First I used the PCL6 driver downloaded from HP site. But then after client computers install printer they cannot print from Acrobat in landscape orientation. Also, whenever I select Printer Properties on the server Windows responds that the print drivers are not installed, asking if I want to install them. My client machines are a mix of XP, W7 32-bit and W7 64-bit. I switched to the PCL5 driver on the server, which fixed the Acrobat landscape issue, but now none of my XP clients can install the network printer, even when browsing to the PCL 5 driver for XP as downloaded from HP's site (I have not had success installing the x86 drivers on my 64-bit printer server).
I can install the 4250 on an XP machine w/direct TCP/IP port using PCL 5e driver but then I defeat purpose of print server.
Any suggestions on easiest driver/print server installation/cfg. is greatly appreciated!
07-16-2012 09:51 AM
- HP AirPrint-Compatible Wireless Printers - Wireless Printing with Apple's AirPrint
- HP LaserJet Pro P1102w, P1109w - Wireless Printer Setup
- HP Deskjet 2540 and 2545 Printers - Wireless Printer Setup (Windows)
- HP ENVY 4500 and HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 3540 Printers - Wireless Printer Setup
- Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection