Question

Student
Tropolis-Group
Message 1 of 2 (568 Views)

HP 4250TN Drivers on Windows Server 2008 Print Server

Hi:

I'm having a heck of a time with HP 4250 printers installed on a Windows Server 2008 printer server.  First I used the PCL6 driver downloaded from HP site.  But then after client computers install printer they cannot print from Acrobat in landscape orientation.  Also, whenever I select Printer Properties on the server Windows responds that the print drivers are not installed,  asking if I want to install them.  My client machines are a mix of XP, W7 32-bit and W7 64-bit.  I switched to the PCL5 driver on the server, which fixed the Acrobat landscape issue, but now none of my XP clients can install the network printer, even  when browsing to the PCL 5 driver for XP as downloaded from HP's site (I have not had success installing the x86 drivers on my 64-bit printer server).

I can install the 4250 on an XP machine w/direct TCP/IP port using PCL 5e driver but then I  defeat purpose of print server.

Any suggestions on easiest driver/print server installation/cfg. is greatly appreciated!

Regents Professor
Cloud_Strider
Message 2 of 2 (551 Views)

Re: HP 4250TN Drivers on Windows Server 2008 Print Server

It appears that you have a commercial LaserJet in an enterprise enviornment.  It would be best to post in the commercial LaserJet forums.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation