03-18-2012 01:27 PM
HP Officejet 6500 wireless w/duplex stays offline unless power cycled prior to print command. I recently switched from WEP to WPA security on my router. I was previously having no problems with WEP printing from any comp. on wireless network. When switched to WPA the printer is offline and doesnt come online unless I actively power cycle the printer and uncheck the PRINT OFFLINE box under printer properties. I have searched this forum for a solution but only got the uncheck PRINT OFFLINE help. I dont want to do this everytime someone wants to print and I'd rather not return to a lower security feature, i.e WEP. Using Win 7, Mac OS and Win XP. Router is Belkin pre-N approx 4 yrs old. Any assistance appreciated. Thanks.
03-30-2012 10:36 AM
Welcome to the forum Fairdmad, and happy Friday! Try running this tool on the Windows computer: HP Home Network Diagnostic Utility
This will try and diagnosis the issue and resolve it for you. Let me if it fixes the issue.
- HP AirPrint-Compatible Wireless Printers - Wireless Printing with Apple's AirPrint
- HP LaserJet Pro P1102w, P1109w - Wireless Printer Setup
- HP Deskjet 2540 and 2545 Printers - Wireless Printer Setup (Windows)
- HP ENVY 4500 and HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 3540 Printers - Wireless Printer Setup
- Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection