Question

Student
faridmad
Message 1 of 2 (377 Views)

HP 6500 printer goes offline after switched network security from WEP to WPA

HP Officejet 6500 wireless w/duplex stays offline unless power cycled prior to print command.  I recently switched from WEP to WPA security on my router.  I was previously having no problems with WEP printing from any comp. on wireless network.  When switched to WPA the printer is offline and doesnt come online unless I actively power cycle the printer and uncheck the PRINT OFFLINE box under printer properties.  I have searched this forum for a solution but only got the uncheck PRINT OFFLINE help.  I dont want to do this everytime someone wants to print and I'd rather not return to a lower security feature, i.e WEP.  Using Win 7, Mac OS and Win XP.  Router is Belkin pre-N approx 4 yrs old.  Any assistance appreciated.  Thanks. 

Distinguished Professor
SeanS
Message 2 of 2 (331 Views)

Re: HP 6500 printer goes offline after switched network security from WEP to WPA

Welcome to the forum Fairdmad, and happy Friday! Try running this tool on the Windows computer: HP Home Network Diagnostic Utility

This will try and diagnosis the issue and resolve it for you. Let me if it fixes the issue.

-Sean

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation