03-18-2012 01:27 PM
HP Officejet 6500 wireless w/duplex stays offline unless power cycled prior to print command. I recently switched from WEP to WPA security on my router. I was previously having no problems with WEP printing from any comp. on wireless network. When switched to WPA the printer is offline and doesnt come online unless I actively power cycle the printer and uncheck the PRINT OFFLINE box under printer properties. I have searched this forum for a solution but only got the uncheck PRINT OFFLINE help. I dont want to do this everytime someone wants to print and I'd rather not return to a lower security feature, i.e WEP. Using Win 7, Mac OS and Win XP. Router is Belkin pre-N approx 4 yrs old. Any assistance appreciated. Thanks.
03-30-2012 10:36 AM
Welcome to the forum Fairdmad, and happy Friday! Try running this tool on the Windows computer: HP Home Network Diagnostic Utility
This will try and diagnosis the issue and resolve it for you. Let me if it fixes the issue.
- HP Printers - Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection
- HP Web-Connected Printers and Supported Cloud Services for HP Printers
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- Setting Up the Printer for a Wireless Network for the HP LaserJet Pro P1102w Printer
- HP Single-Function and Multi-Function Printers - How to Find the WEP or WPA Key or Password for Your Wireless Network