Question

Top Student
ttwotees
Message 1 of 2 (1,776 Views)

HP 6700 - Can't find new IP address

HP Officejet 6700, Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit - Attempting to set up wireless connection. Ran Wireless Setup Wizard which changed the printer IP address. Printed the Network Configuration page to find the new IP address.  Inserted the new IP address in the network wireless setup page in the device menu but the printer still will not print from the computer. On the PC, I selected the HP update IP address fromt the Start menu and entered the new IP address from the configuration printout, but the printer could not be found? How to get my printer working again.?

Next question - To wirelessly connect the HP 6700 to a remote laptop (64-bit Win 7 Ultimate) do I need to install the printer software on the laptop prior to attempting to connect to the printer ?

Distinguished Professor
-JohnB-
Message 2 of 2 (1,742 Views)

Re: HP 6700 - Can't find new IP address

Hi there,

Try downloading and running the print and scan doctor located here:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03275041&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en

It can fix a lot on its own and if not give a better idea of what is going on.

Best of Luck!

You can say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in my post. If my post resolves your problem, please mark it as Accepted Solution so others can benefit too.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation