02-25-2013 05:36 PM
HP Officejet 6700, Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit - Attempting to set up wireless connection. Ran Wireless Setup Wizard which changed the printer IP address. Printed the Network Configuration page to find the new IP address. Inserted the new IP address in the network wireless setup page in the device menu but the printer still will not print from the computer. On the PC, I selected the HP update IP address fromt the Start menu and entered the new IP address from the configuration printout, but the printer could not be found? How to get my printer working again.?
Next question - To wirelessly connect the HP 6700 to a remote laptop (64-bit Win 7 Ultimate) do I need to install the printer software on the laptop prior to attempting to connect to the printer ?
02-27-2013 04:36 PM
Try downloading and running the print and scan doctor located here:
It can fix a lot on its own and if not give a better idea of what is going on.
Best of Luck!
- HP Printers - Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection
- HP Web-Connected Printers and Supported Cloud Services for HP Printers
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- Setting Up the Printer for a Wireless Network for the HP LaserJet Pro P1102w Printer
- HP Single-Function and Multi-Function Printers - How to Find the WEP or WPA Key or Password for Your Wireless Network