Question

Tutor
LCubed
Message 1 of 4 (154 Views)

HP 7520 All in One Printer

My HP 7520 all in one printer keeps going offline when in sleep mode.  The network connection remains on but I am unable to print and have to reboot the printer in order to use it.  I have tried HP Support via phone several times to no avail.  I have set a manual IP address but it still doesn't work.  My network provider has checked and everything is correct on their end.  I have spent so many hours on the phone with HP but nothing they try ever works.  Please help!

Regents Professor
sabretooth04
Message 2 of 4 (142 Views)

Re: HP 7520 All in One Printer

These settings are for setting up your wireless printer to stay connected to your router, keep wireless devices better connected and make your router secure and hack proof.

1. Set a static IP in the printer (click here) outside the DHCP range of the router (check your manual). 

This is for Linksys routers but can be used for all routers.  Verify your DHCP range and change this

first if needed.  More Wireless Printing help is here.

2. Verify in the printer that 'Auto Off' is disabled.  Use the Embedded Web Server (EWS) by going to the  

printers IP address in your browsers address bar, click  Settings Tab/Auto Off.  Or use the Printer

Assistant, Printer Home Page (EWS). 

In the router:  (Refer to your router manual for information)

3. Use a fixed wireless channel like 1,6 or 11, never 'auto', try channel 1 first then the rest. 

4. Set router to 20Mhz only, or 145Mbps depending on router. 

5. Always use WPA2-AES (Personal) encryption, but you can try ‘mixed’ mode. 

6. Disable WPS and never use it and disable UPnP for the routers security.  Nobody can hack your

system now and helps with wireless connectivity (if you want to know why, search the web). 

7. If you have a dual band router (2.4Ghz and 5.0Ghz bands), make sure the SSID’s are NOT the same,

they must be different for all bands, even for any Guest networks. 

8. Save all settings.  Power off both, wait 2 mins.  Power on router wait 2 mins. 

9. Power on printer and verify it reconnects to router. 

Windows 7/8/8.1   Is Network Discovery on or off?

1. Control Panel/Network and Internet/Network and Sharing Center/Advanced sharing settings.

2. Under Home or Work (current profile) / Network Discovery.

3. Select "Turn on network discovery" and save changes.

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Thumbs Up to the right in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as an Accepted Solution ...
I worked for HP but now I'm retired!
Tutor
LCubed
Message 3 of 4 (98 Views)

I have done all of that..to no avail.  However I am not using Windows..I have a Macbook Pro laptop running OS X 10.6.8.  Nothing seems to resolve this issue.

Tutor
LCubed
Message 4 of 4 (74 Views)

@sabretooth04:  After replacing the printer with a new one of the same model, I still had the same problem.  I discovered the problem was caused by the ISP router.  My ISP was very adament that their router is perfect but obviously that is not the case.  I connected my old router to the modem and all is working perfectly so far.  Thank you so much for your help.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation