Question

Honor Student
goBailey
Message 1 of 13 (1,615 Views)

HP 7520 Wireless Printing Problem

Why does my new HP7520 all-in-one printer keep going offline from wireless connection?  My document will print if the printer is turned off and then on again.  It seems to go offline after a few minutes.

Regents Professor
AlwaysNeon
Message 2 of 13 (1,589 Views)

Re: HP 7520 Wireless Printing Problem

A few quick steps. First, make sure that the printer is plugged into a wall outlet, not a suge protector or battery backup. Second, turn off energy save mode, this feature sometimes disables wirelss as part of the eco features. And third, re-run the wireless setups wizard to re-establish the connection. 

Let me know how this goes!

Honor Student
goBailey
Message 3 of 13 (1,573 Views)

I sincerely appreciate the help, but it does not appear your suggestions have worked.

I unplugged the printer from my surge protector.  I also re-ran the wireless setup.   However, I cannot find the energy saver mode in the printer preferences.  I did find a sleep mode, but there is not an option to disable.  Can you please help me find the energy saver mode on the 7520?

Student
Pivert
Message 4 of 13 (1,049 Views)

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem with the same printer.

From the web interface, I verified that the "Auto-Off" is disabled.

The power save mode cannot be extended more than 15 minutes.

When the problem occurs, I print a Wireless network status page, and everything is SUCCESS, except the Internet that is "not connected". So according to the report, everything is all right, except the internet connectivity. I this situation, I cannot ping the IP of printer from the PC.

If I poweroff, then on, the printer (no need to remove the cord, just the from the front button), the printer is again responding to pings, and working. When I print the wireless network status page, the ONLY difference is that "Internet" is now in state "Connected".

What should I do?

Tutor
Davestafford
Message 5 of 13 (1,032 Views)

Hi

Same problem here - loses WiFi after entering sleep mode (full WiFi signal), I either turn off and on the wireless connection or switch the printer off and on. Defeats the point of having a wireless printer really. Any suggestion would help please.

Student
rmldetroit
Message 6 of 13 (958 Views)

I have exactly the same problem with my printer.  Interestingly, it did not have this problem when I purchased it.  It only showed up after I activated my McAfee security protection.  I have tried turning off McAfee and it still exhibits the issue.  Very disappointing that HP doesn't have any answers to this issue.  The printer is worthless if it has to be turned off and then back on every time you want to print something.

Tutor
Davestafford
Message 7 of 13 (946 Views)

I managed to fix mine by giving it a static IP address and disabling DPnP - easy to do with instructions on HP FAQ - the only problem I found is if you rebooted your router at any point then you have to repeat the process.
PhD Student
Super_Dave
Message 8 of 13 (919 Views)

[ Edited ]

Are you setting the static IP in the printer Embedded Web Server or in the router?  As long as you assign the static IP out of the normal range of IPs for your network you should not need to redo the steps after resetting the router. 

When you wrote DPnP, did you mean UPnP?  UPnP refers to Universal Plug and Play. Some network setups require this and other networks it can cause issues.  Turning off UPnP can be turned off in the printer EWS as well as the router.

I was an HP employee.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Tutor
Davestafford
Message 9 of 13 (914 Views)

Hi
I set the static ip through EWS my range went to .254 and I set to .250 and this worked fine until I rebooted the router for another reason and then found the printer stopped responding again after going to sleep. I am going to reset it again and have another go. I did mean UPnP and originally disabled this by itself before setting a static ip but that on it own didn't help.
PhD Student
Super_Dave
Message 10 of 13 (895 Views)

Hi Davestafford,

Are you using a Windows computer or Mac?  Which version?

I was an HP employee.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation