Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Never used wireless - always cat5. Still have the disappearing issue, Connected to the hub - does print - so cables and all are good. the scan function is disappears. From FitzGroup
HP Recommended

Was this issue ever resolved? I'm having the exact problem....

HP Recommended

You've got to be kidding.... Connect my wireless printer with a cat 5 cable???? Come on...

HP Recommended

@RALyons wrote:

Was this issue ever resolved? I'm having the exact problem....

Yes, the problem was solved when I replaced my router/modem.

HP Recommended

Ok, same problem as everyone else...8600 goes "offline".  I had 2 computers connected via wireless to the HP 8600 printer.  One computer consistantly had the problem with the printer going offline, the other one never had the problem.  Both computers run Windows 7, both have exact same setup.  Here's the difference...the one that never had the problem, I used the HP8600 install disk from the box ver 28.8.  I installed it onto the laptop with all the features selected.  The one that constantly had the problem...I installed it using the add device/printer and let it search for the wireless printer.  I selected the driver from the list of drivers that appeared under HP.   Once I removed the device from the computer that was constantly having the problem and reinstalled it using the HP install disk, I haven't had a single problem since.  I know I see all these solutions that discuss IP addresses and router issues and just about every other thing out there, but the only difference between the computer that worked and the one that didn't, was the use of the install disk, versus the add device search from windows.  I would give it a try if you haven't...it worked for me and I haven't had problems since.

HP Recommended
I've had the same problem with my 8600. Switching to direct Ethernet connect did not help Will try the disc driver. Sounds so old school. But some things never change
HP Recommended

My printer goes to sleep and it is and has always been connected via a USB cable.  The default printer is the USB port and it goes to sleep and when I want to print it will not wake up without disconnecting it from the power.  Also my HP desktop will not work wirelessly.  I had an older modem when I first got the printer and the PC and I had this probelm.  I now have a brand new modem and I still have this problem.  HP tells me my support has expired but I have contacted them numerous times on this same issue and it has never been resolved.  If you use stamps.com and your envelope won't print you have just lost the money it cost you to print or you have to file a claim.  It is so bad that when you call stamps.com they already know you have an HP printer. 

HP Recommended

Hi @ShadyLady964 ,

I have sent you a private message. If you are not sure how to check your private messages then this post has instructions that will guide you through the process.

Thanks for visiting the HP Support Forum

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I am having the same problem with HP OfficeJet Pro 8600.  It goes to sleep.  I have to turn it off.  Turn it back on then start printing.  Before I do that the error message says my printer is offline...even though the printer "wakes up" and all the lights are on.

This is very discouraging when I am working on my laptop in a different room.  This is why I bought a wireless printer in the first place.  

Do you have an answer?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.