Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

It is best to start a new thread if you have a different printer.  Use the New Post button at the top of the forum.

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
HP Recommended

I figured this out as a solution a while ago but am frustrated that basically once a month I must delete and reinstall my printer. Is there any explanation as to why this continues to happen to all my laptops on my home network? They go "ofline". Checking the" Use printer offline" box did nothing.

HP Recommended

my HP C6100 series shows as offline, how do I change it to be online?

HP Recommended

Hi unfrazzled,

I understand that you are getting an offline error message. I will try my best to help you resolve this issue.

In this document from 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the Printer Will Not Print are steps that will help you resolve this issue.

I hope this helps, please let me know.

Thank you,

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Hi Provost,

Would you know why I have to re-add the printer every time? I am not exaggerating. Every single time I come back to the computer on a different day, the printer will say "offline" again and I have to re-add the printer for it to work.

Thanks for any input.

1 year old Pavilion dv6 (NB636AV); Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit SP2; 12 cell battery; 3GB RAM; Intel Core 2 Duo
HP Recommended

My printer is showing that it is offline.  I have tried everything to get it back online.  Can you give me a solution to use?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.