Question

Honor Student
brianthesnail
Message 1 of 10 (8,218 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP DESKJET 3050A WIRELESS CONNECTION....

Hi guys

im brian and im glad to be on the HP forums....i look forward to using the forums with you guys.... anyway heres the deal... i purchased the HP DESKJET 3050A wireless all in one printer yesterday and allthough i had no problems connecting the printer to my main pc ( via usb) i seem to be having,problems connecting wirelessly

do i need to install the supplied software to all notebooks and pc,s that will be wirelessly connected to the HP printer ? .. and if not how do i connect the laptops to the printer

my router is a "BT HOME HUB 3.0" ... and i understand the advanced features of this... however theres nothing in the advanced settings that allows me to add this printer.... when i did the set-up on the printers small screen it asked me to insert a key into my hubs configuration settings..... which i cant

can anyone help me with this... i will be connecting just one laptop ( my wifes ) initially and it runs windows 7 ultimate..... any ideas,

cheers guys

Honor Student
brianthesnail
Message 2 of 10 (8,091 Views)

Re: HP DESKJET 3050A WIRELESS CONNECTION....SOLVED !

(SOLVED) ......

i managed to sort out the problem... i installed the supplied software in my wifes acer laptop ( which is the device i wanted to use ) and at the end of the installation i selected "network" connection and it configured the wireless printer to the laptop... however the printer is a "unsecure" network ... but since i wont be leaving the wireless printer on all the time this shouldnt be a problem... however any suggestions on how to secure the wireless printer connection will be much appreciated

many thanks guys

Provost
pcwizard
Message 3 of 10 (8,086 Views)

Re: HP DESKJET 3050A WIRELESS CONNECTION....SOLVED !

Hi brianthesnail, 

The wireless security is setup in your router. You will need to log into your router, and setup your wireless security encryption. Refer to your routers user guide to make changes to your router.

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Retired
SedonaF
Message 4 of 10 (7,402 Views)
Honor Student
cabernet
Message 5 of 10 (6,995 Views)

Re: HP DESKJET 3050A WIRELESS scan 10-20 page document.

I installed the wireless printer fine no problems at all except when i want to scan a muli page document i can only scan one page at a time ? i want to use the auto feed function but cant seem to find it.

Provost
pcwizard
Message 6 of 10 (6,993 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi cabernet,

The HP 3050a printer doesn't have an ADF - Automatic document feeder.

What printer do you have?

What is the operating system you have it installed?

I am an HP employee.

Honor Student
cabernet
Message 7 of 10 (6,982 Views)

Thank you for the quick response. When the sold it to be at best buy the said it does have that feature, its a hp deskjet 3050A

Provost
pcwizard
Message 8 of 10 (6,981 Views)

Hi cabernet,

No, i am sorry this model doesn't have a ADF. You will need to place the documents on the glass to scan them.

I am an HP employee.

Honor Student
cabernet
Message 9 of 10 (6,979 Views)

thanks back to the store i go. any suggestion for a printer that has that function and is wireless?

Provost
pcwizard
Message 10 of 10 (6,977 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi cabernet,

If you are needing a ADF then you will want to check out our Photosmart or Officejet line of printers. Check out the printer on the link below to figure out what would fit you best.

http://shopping2.hp.com/en_US/home-office/-/products/Printers/Printers

I am an HP employee.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation