Question

Student
NTxLS
Message 1 of 8 (4,975 Views)

HP DeskJet 3512 All-In-One Wireless

Dell Inspiron 1564 Intgel i3 Dual Core Processor; Win7 SP1 64bit ran install disc using the instructions to use a USB cable yet will not connect wireless. The webpage I have been set to is down for maintenance. Just purchased this printer from Wal-Mart started install ASAP following all instructions. Not sure what could have gone wrong, I have worked with computers since 1980, started with Data General19" main frame 64bit monsters, eventually moved to desktop IBM clones Win3.1 up to Win7 64bit. TIA, CU L8R, NTxLS
TIA, CU L8R,
NTxLS
Grad Student
Herculean
Message 2 of 8 (4,956 Views)

Re: HP DeskJet 3512 All-In-One Wireless

Hi NTxLS,

Sorry to hear about the experience.

Do you happen to have any internet security or firewall software on your system such as Norton, McAfee, BitDefender, etc.?

Also, what is the brand and model of your router?

Thanks.
Honor Student
SteelerGirl06
Message 3 of 8 (4,773 Views)

I am having the same problems but when I try to set up wireless it keeps bringing up the page that tells me to check my firewall (I'm not running any) and I am running AVG for my internet seccurity along with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. Everything else has already been checked and I see no reason why I can't set up wirelessly. I am running Windows 7 on my Toshiba Satellite c6555 laptop. I am in need of MAJOR help please
Grad Student
Herculean
Message 4 of 8 (4,756 Views)

Hi SteelerGirl06,

If you have AVG Internet Security on your system, then you do have a firewall as AVG comes with it.

Check out this doc regarding AVG to see if it helps: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&docname=c02251000#N1665

Let me know if this worked for you.

Show support by clicking the blue Kudos star in the post that resolved your problem. Doing so will help other forum members find their solutions too.

Student
tngallatin
Message 5 of 8 (4,571 Views)

I just purchased a Deskjet 3512 and there is no way to enter the IP address, the SSID, and the WEP key. Since I was going to use this as a printer only, I did not want to load the entire driver suite. The PIN setup for the networking parameters does not work with my WRT4000 netgear router. There is no way to set up this printer from the control panel. I guess that it would make a great paper weight or filler for a garbage can. I guess that HP does not have the knowledge to design an interface on the printer control panel to enter the networking parameters. I DO NOT want to load or use USB, period. Brother is a much better choice. THis junk is going back to Walmart. I don't want to talk to someone reading a script in Communist China or India either.

Tutor
setinhere
Message 6 of 8 (4,367 Views)

Having same problems...

windows 8 Pro x64

Netgear WGR14v7

I can't print from the the computer that I originally set the printer up on.  but my laptop (same O.S.) prints without problems.

I have Vipre Internet Security and have set the printers I.P. address in the Trusted Network's & Zones.

I tried HP Print and Scan Doctor didn't find anything wrong.

I've uninstalled and then reinstalled carefully following on screen prompts and only connected the USB cable when it told me to.

I'm at a loss anyone have any Ideas?

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 7 of 8 (4,282 Views)

HP DeskJet 3512 All-In-One Wireless

Just adding the printer's IP to the antivirus and firewall won't allow the software through. Try disabling them and then try to use the printer. Let me know what happens.
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Tutor
setinhere
Message 8 of 8 (4,276 Views)

I figured it out, it was the HIPS within Vipre.  Just clicked allow and all problems went away.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation