HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
08-17-2012 10:11 AM
I have had this printer for two years and it has worked fine. Two changes were made to my system/computer. 1. I upgraded OS X Mountain Lion. 2. Got a new Fios Verizon Router Actiontec router.
I have exhausted every Verizon Fios and HP link, troubleshooting, option I can find over the past week. Maybe someone here can help me!
Here are the facts:
- All other devices, computers, laptops, iphones/itouches, apple tv, etc can all access network
- When I connect via USB to the computer I am able to print.
- When I push blinking blue Wireless button on device control panel I get: Not Connected, Settings, Print Report. When I select Settings I get: Disable Wireless, Settings, Defaults. When I select WPS I get: Push Button or Pin. Neither connect.
- I was able to run a Wireless Network Test Report: "Your HP printer cannot find yoru access point. Check that your access point is powered on. Check that your HP printer network name (SSID) matches your access point network name (SSID) exactly. If they don't match exactly run the wireless network setup to configure your HP Printer"
Wireless On PASS
Wireless Working PASS
Network Names (SSID) Found FAIL
Network Name (SSID) HPJ610a.42DBCA (this is not my network name....)
Hardware Address (MAC) 98:4b:e1:42:db:ca
IP Address: Not applicable
Configuration Source: Not applicable
So, how do I run the wireless network set up? How do I get this printer back up and printing again?
Solved! Go to Solution.
08-20-2012 10:10 AM
I am having the same difficulty. I just upgraded to Mountain Lion from Snow Leopard and suddenly my HP Printer is refusing to talk to my Mac.
My Workaround for Now:
- connecting via USB cord :-(
- using hpeprint. I do get the document attached to the email to print, but it wastes paper by printing both the document and the email itself (maybe there is another way to get just the document to print, but I couldn't find it)
I would love, Love, LOVE to get this resolved to print via my Wi-Fi. Note: like others I've had this printer for more than one year and it works great with other Mac and PCs...even my iPhone via hpeprint.
HP: Why make it so difficult for the HP to "talk" with the Mac? I love HP printers and have used them for more than 20 years, but setup is notoriously painful.
08-20-2012 12:24 PM
We just tested my daughter's PC and it too cannot print to the HP, which it was able to for the past year.
So, it's something specifically with the HP printer where I cannot set it up to recognize the correct network. I can't figure out how to set it up! i don't seem to have the option, although many of the troubleshooting steps suggest that there should be. I only have a WPS option that allows for a "Push Button" set up or a "Pin" set up an neither work.
I don't understand this at all!!!
08-20-2012 07:43 PM
I actually have a different printer (hope I'm not breaking any etiquette rules), but I have the same problem with it not recognizing the printer. I finally figured out how to fix it and added my results to another person's post about my printer HP LaserJet CP1525nw.
The link below is what got me started on the right path...but then the Setup Wizard did not work, so I added more comments about how I manually setup my printer.
As I added to my posts in the above link, I'm just a user and hope that this spares someone else the frustration I've been going through. I would love to have a "kudos" to know if it works for anyone else.
08-21-2012 11:21 AM
These instructions here are what finally worked for me:
I didn't have a "HP-Setup" Instead I finally found HPJ610a.42DBCA and was finally able to open the Printer Webpage, where previously I was unable.
Thanks for all of the help!