Question

Student
Yoyboy
Message 1 of 8 (1,767 Views)

HP Deskjet 3050 J610 Not Recognized by computer

So I recently moved and when I tried to use my HP Deskjet 3050 J610 printer, it for some reason wouldn't work on my computer anymore. I plug it into my computer and the device drivers don't install and can't be found by windows. I try to use the HP setup disc that comes with the printer and it doesn't work either. It either gives me an "installation failed" screen or it says to insert the printer with a USB cord, but fails to detect it. I did change routers, as I had set it up wirelessly before, but I don't see this as the reason it doesn't work. I tried to download the drivers from the HP website and still nothing helps. Any help would be much appreciated, as this has been frustrating me for days now.

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 2 of 8 (1,733 Views)

Re: HP Deskjet 3050 J610 Not Recognized by computer

Are you trying to set it up as a wireless printer?  If so, before you start the installation process go to the Network menu on the front of the printer and choose "Restore Network Defaults".

I am employed by HP
Honor Student
eladskill
Message 3 of 8 (1,360 Views)

after printer is installed, a test page is printed and info states printer is ready for use in the nework, however the computor will not connect to print.  a second printer in the network is working ok with the printer.

Regents Professor
Travis_C
Message 4 of 8 (1,337 Views)

HP Deskjet 3050 J610 Not Recognized by computer

Hello eladskill

What operating system are you using and do you have the same printer as the original poster (Deskjet 3050 J610)? Have you tried to run the HP Print and Scan Doctor? It is a diagnostic utility that can sometimes find and resolve problems.
HP Print and Scan Doctor

Also is the problem with printing, scanning, or both?
Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
Honor Student
mnewman
Message 5 of 8 (1,257 Views)

I'm trying to set up my computer to print wirelessly. I have the printer connected to the router throught the cable.  My computer will print, but the scanner is not being recognized. the message I'm getting is: "HP 3050 J610 series was not recognized." How can I fix the problem?

Regents Professor
sabretooth04
Message 6 of 8 (1,254 Views)

[ Edited ]

You say your printer is connected via a cable to your router?  Please explain this is detail, is it connected with an Ethernet cable?  The manual only shows USB and wireless connections.

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Thumbs Up to the right in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as an Accepted Solution ...
I worked for HP but now I'm retired!
Honor Student
mnewman
Message 7 of 8 (1,247 Views)

Yes i's connected through the printer cable.  I tried may ties to get therouter to connect via the "wireless' l never connect. so I plugged the printe cable into the back of the router and tried printing from my desktop and it works. Havent tried with my laptop yet... what I dont understand is why the printer will work but the scanner won't since they're the same unit. It won;t even sca the document when I push the button on the printer.

Regents Professor
sabretooth04
Message 8 of 8 (1,232 Views)

Alright STOP.  I have three different people here hijacking the original thread.   If you are not the original poster stop and start a new thread.  Do add... 'uhhh... I have the same thing', because you don't.

Thread is closed as far as I am concerned.

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Thumbs Up to the right in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as an Accepted Solution ...
I worked for HP but now I'm retired!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation