Question
HP Deskjet 3050 J610 series - Wifi problems
Replies (44)

Top Student
simonbrew
Message 21 of 45 (16,543 Views)

Re: HP Deskjet 3050 J610 series - Wifi problems

I recommend use of static IP addresses - it's the only permanent way of ensuring that your printer can always be used by ANYthing that is attached to the router, now or in the future.

In your router you will find a range of addresses typically starting 192.168.1.XXX . Choose a static IP address near the top of the range and assign it manually to the printer via the printer control panel or HP support software, reboot everything just to make sure, and you should be OK.. You can then use XP or W7 printer wizard to re-attach the newly defined printer.

If you're worried about another device trying to grab the same IP address (which I think is very unlikely), you could reduce the IP address range on the router to exclude the one IP address you have just taken for the printer.

Student
martinnikolov
Message 22 of 45 (16,395 Views)

Hello everyone.

I bought the same HP recently and i have this problem:

I followed the instructions, installed everything and it's okey. I'm happy with it. Everything works. The problem is that i installed it at HOME on my notebook and the next day I go to work with my notebook and I have to install everything again from begining because at my WORK there is different IP. Is it normal? I want to use it both HOME and WORK on 1 machine it's just different IP.

Thanks

Student
Gssta2011
Message 23 of 45 (16,372 Views)

How can I find my hp deskjet 3050 j610 wifi IP ADDRESS ?
Student
AdmDuff
Message 24 of 45 (16,152 Views)

I am running Windows 7 and the printer's reports don't show any problem with the configeration. My computer, however, can't identify the printer, and the printer shows no connection to my computer. PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Thank you!

Top Student
simonbrew
Message 25 of 45 (16,130 Views)

I don't have the printer in front of me, but somewhere on the printer control panel on the printer (NOT the Windows control panel!)there's an option to print all technical information. This will include IP address - or it did for me...

Top Student
simonbrew
Message 26 of 45 (16,129 Views)

We need more info:

USB or wireless? If wireless does it work OK with USB?

Which version of driver?

32 or 64 bit?

I had awful trouble initially trying to install this printer under Windows 7 but now everything works fine..

I don't have printer in front of me, but from memory, try this:

Completely uninstall the printer from W7

Disconnect the USB cable.

Download the latest complete software packages for YOUR VERSION of Windows and SAVE them somewhere - don't use the RUN option, and DON'T use s/w on the CD that came with the printer.

Say yes to checking for latest updates for printer package

Install software for printer as USB only,

ONLY attach the printer until you are told to do so.

When USB printer is working OK, start the same installation package again, but this time select wireless installation.

Choose static IP address to ensure printer remains visible to all PCs (can't remember exactly how to do this, but I hope it's obvious..)

Finally, check wirelss installation is OK by removing USB cable and printing test page!

Good luck!

Top Student
Lee_Parker
Message 27 of 45 (16,118 Views)

Have you looked at what channel the wireless router is set on? Caution what follows may be considered inflammatory....

HP printers apparently (according to tech support) only communicate on channels 6 and 11. I have no clue what moron designed it that way. Interestingly enough, your iPad WILL connect, but almost anything else will not even see it in the network. Sometimes power cycling the printer will make it visible temporarily to some of the other computers on the network (but not all).

HP's solution to this is to reset your router to either channel 6 or channel 11 and assign a static IP address. I will grant that this "works" but it is a band aid not a solution. If, like me, you cannot use channels 6 or 11 or do not wish to have static IP addresses, then HP wireless printers are not for you.

Honor Student
dreweastmead
Message 28 of 45 (16,089 Views)

same issues here. My Mac prints fine (OS X Lion) to the HP Deskjet 3050 wirelessly. The PC laptop is a different story. Every now and then it will print wirelessly but 95% of the time it says "unable to communicate with printer" even though the IP address hasn't changed for at least 3 weeks. enormously frustrating. this is pathetic that in 2011 it is SO difficult to print to a wireless printer. The problem is with the PC, not the router or the IP address or the Mac or the CD. I just printed the network config printouts, and everything is fine. What do I need to fix on the PC?

Student
munterkoefler
Message 29 of 45 (15,492 Views)

Need help getting Wifi set up.

Top Student
simonbrew
Message 30 of 45 (15,488 Views)

You can't seriously expect someone to provide the level of help you obviously require if you don't give any information at all about your problem - not even the operating system.

Start the installation process by exactly following the instructions that came with the machine (or which you can download from HP's website), and if they don''t work, come back here and say WHAT didn't work, what was error message, how you tried to fix it etc etc.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation