Question

Honor Student
serriu
Message 1 of 10 (16,423 Views)

HP Deskjet 3050 J610 suddenly not connecting wirelessly, and printing very slowly?

I haven't had this printer very long, but suddenly it began acting funny. It now won't print accurately. It immediately goes to "Error - Printing" in the Printer activity after a couple moments. When I tried reinstalling the printer via wireless settings, it suddenly can't connect to it wirelessly, even though it was fine before?

Also, even when printing the wireless network test pages and printer summary pages, it prints VERY slowly. Like, a 10-second break period inbetween each print-swipe, (If that made sense?) 

My OS is a Windows 7 64bit, Linksys router.

Tried using the HP Home Network Diagnostic Utility and my printer could not be found on the list..

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 2 of 10 (16,390 Views)

Re: HP Deskjet 3050 J610 suddenly not connecting wirelessly, and printing very slowly?

Let's reset the printer: turn it off, unplug the power cord from the back of the printer for 30 seconds, plug it back in and turn it on.  Retest.

I am employed by HP
Honor Student
serriu
Message 3 of 10 (16,375 Views)

Re: HP Deskjet 3050 J610 suddenly not connecting wirelessly, and printing very slowly?

Before, that was my standard solution, if something gave an "Error - Printing" issue, I'd just neither restart my computer, or restart my printer, but for this: it is no longer the case.. ?

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 4 of 10 (16,369 Views)

OK, lets do a couple of things:

Delete the printer in Control Panel > Printers

1. Make sure the printer is turned on and connected to your network. Verify that you can access the printer's internal web page by browsing to its IP address before continuing.
2. Click >> Start >> Control panel >> Printers.
3. Click the Add a printer
4. Select Local printer
5. Select Create a new port and select Standard TCP/IP Port and click Next button.
6. Under Device type, select TCP/IP Device. Under Hostname or IP address, enter the printer's host name (found on the printer's network configuration report the generated above). Click Next.
If you get a message about Additional Port Information Required, then the printer was not found using the host name. You can go back and retry or using the printer's IP address instead of the host name.
7. Select Hewlett-Packard from the list of manufacturers and select and select your printer model. Click Next.
If your printer model was not listed, then select Have Disk, browse the HP CD that came with your printer and select the first file that starts with hp and ends with inf. Click Open then OK. Select your printer model. Click Next.
8. If you are asked, use the currently installed driver.
9. It will ask for the Printer name -- enter a new name or use the existing one. This will be the name of the printer that you select from other applications.
10. You may be asked to share the printer. Make a choice and click Next.
11. The Print Test Page box appears. Go ahead and print it.
12. Click Finish.

Now, let's set a static IP address for the printer:

- Print a Network Config Page from the front of the printer. Note the printer's IP address.
- Type that IP address into a browser to reveal the printer's internal settings.
- Choose the Networking tab, then Wireless along the left side, then the IPv4 tab.
- On this screen you want to set a Manual IP. You need to set an IP address outside the range that the router automatically sets (called the DHCP range). Yours is 192.168.1.100 to .149.  Let's use 192.168.1.200 for your printer.
- Use 255.255.255.0 for the subnet (unless you know it is different, if so, use that)
- Enter your router's IP (on the Network Config Page) for the gateway and first DNS. Leave the second one blank.
- Click 'Apply'.

Now, shut down the router and printer, start the router, wait, then start the printer.

After this you may need to redo 'Add a Printer' using the new IP address.

I am employed by HP
Honor Student
MLEB79
Message 5 of 10 (12,286 Views)

Did this work? I am having the same problems with mine andit's driving me crazy!!

shx Student
Student
shx
Message 6 of 10 (10,412 Views)

I uninstalled the HP Deskjet 3050 J610 basic software and then reinstalled it with the printer's CD. The process helped recover wireless connection.

Student
CZindahouse
Message 7 of 10 (10,192 Views)

Have you changed ink cartridges lately?  Sometimes a refilled, aftermarket, faulty or damaged cartridge will cause this slow printing. 

Test by disconnecting printer from computer and printing aa "printer stand alone" test page -- if it's still slow, the problem is in the printer, not the PC or software. 

Test also by swapping cartridges, see if it behaves differently. 

Honor Student
Quickzilver
Message 8 of 10 (3,144 Views)

Even I am facing the same problem days after crossing the 1 year warranty period.

I troubleshooted as mentioned in hp customer support website, but to no help.

It seems to be a hardware issue as the test page printing also takes 4 min.

Removed the color cartridge, but did not reduce the print time. 

Called up the customer care number and got the service centre number.

Unfortunately, they do not work on Saturday (today)

Will wait for coming Monday and update the status.

HP Support Agent
Rainbow7000
Message 9 of 10 (3,099 Views)

Hello Quickzilver,

I am sorry to see you are having a slow printing issue with your Deskjet 3050. I have researched this issue for you and I recommend following the troubleshooting guide I will post for you below.

*Note - at the bottom of the page click on "troubleshooting issues related to the printer" as you have already printed a test page and it took longer than 60 seconds.

Slow Printing Issue

I hope this helps you, good luck!

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

R a i n b o w 7000
I work on behalf of HP

Honor Student
Quickzilver
Message 10 of 10 (3,062 Views)

It seems you did not read the full post before replying.
I already went through the troubleshooting guide and it did not help. Have to call up the customer care to get it repaired. Could not get it done as they work from Mon-Fri (during regular office hours only)
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation